881 PC Card now supported on the Linksys/Cisco WRT54G3G-AT

Teacher

881 PC Card now supported on the Linksys/Cisco WRT54G3G-AT

All,

Just wanted to pass along that the firmware for this router has been updated to support the new card.  Get the download here.

-David

Check out the following relase notes:

2.02.2 Release Notes Page 1 of 1
WRT54G3G-AT
Wireless-G Router for Mobile Broadband
Release Notes
Firmware Version 2.02.2
I. FILE DETAILS
File Name
WRT54G3G-AT_2.02.2_US_code.bin
Firmware Version
Previous Firmware Version
Firmware Release Date
January 4, 2008
II. NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENT
1. New Data Card support. In addition to continued support for the Sierra Wireless AC875 data card, WRT54G3G-AT now supports the following new data cards:
a. Sierra Wireless AC881
b. Option GT MAX 3.6
c. Option GT MAX 3.6 Express
III. FIXED ISSUES
1. Mobile Connection. The APN Selection Mode (under the Mobile Network tab) now supports the “Manual” and “Custom Values” settings. Previously, it could only be set to “Auto.”
IV. KNOWN ISSUES
At the time of release, there are no known issues with WRT54G3G-AT mobile broadband router.
Message 1 of 4
Teacher

Re: 881 PC Card now supported on the Linksys/Cisco WRT54G3G-AT

Awesome- finally. Though the data throughput for the buck overall pales in comparison with most other home offerings, I think just the ability of using AT&T Mobility as your primary ISP is pretty slick- what cool technology. It will make more sense whenever HSPA 3.6 (then 7.2) rolls out. Thanks for sharing.

Message Edited by jwoc on 01-21-2008 08:34:49 AM
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thanks for the link for the firmware update, however I applied the new firmware and the linksys doesn't recognize the presence of my option 3.6 gt max card.  The data card light on the router doesn't light and the linksys console lists card not there. I'm curious if the router is just a dud or if there are still incompatibility issues. I tried the online chat with Linksys, their first reponse was to send me to AT & T and when I squawked a bit, they suggested a hard reset of the router, but that didn't work.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Contributor

Did you obtain a resolution to this problem? I have exactly the same symptoms with my Option express gt max 3.6 card.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support