8525 or 8925 What's difference and which one is best and why?

Voyager

8525 or 8925 What's difference and which one is best and why?

I am looking to buy either an AT&T 8525 or 8925 phone.  I was curious to get some input as to any big differences between the two phones for one thing.  I know the 8925 is newest for example.  Sometimes that makes a difference other times not.  Does one of them receive/send calls any better than the other?  We have average to slightly weak signal where I will primarily be using whichever phone I buy.

Is there any difference in Windows OS or apps between the models?

I see that HTC still supports the 8925 but not the 8525.  Is that a big deal?

I've found several of each on Ebay many at similar prices so wanted to see if I could get any feedback here in this forum.

Message 1 of 4 (2,549 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: 8525 or 8925 What's difference and which one is best and why?

[ Edited ]

The 8925 is 3 years old, and the 8525 is 4 years.  Would you really want to spend money on technology that old?  These phones often just stop working after a few years anyway.  If you buy one of those, it might stop working very soon.  My 8925 is still running like a champ (just as a backup phone).  But its a gamble, at best.

Message 2 of 4 (2,527 Views)
Master

Agreed.  Although you could get lucky and get a perfectly working phone, you're really taking a chance on how it's been treated thus far if you're buying it second hand.

I still have my 8125, Tilt and Fuze in a drawer that I bought new and kept replacing them with the newer phones with my upgrades.  They still work well and I use them basically for backups or "loaners" for friends to get them through waiting for a replacement phone or waiting for an upgrade.

However, YMMV

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Message 3 of 4 (2,458 Views)
Professor

Grab whichever phone is FREE.  Use it until you can buy a WP7.

Both phones are excellent and very OLD phones as far a phones go.  You will enjoy both especially if you get into their ROM's and push them a bit.

XDA is your friend.

Message 4 of 4 (2,444 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.