82YO neophyte needs help for Apple 3G -connect to Wifi

Contributor

82YO neophyte needs help for Apple 3G -connect to Wifi

I am in a remote area in Middle Tn - No At&T signal available- I have Comtrendabc2 DSL/Wireless Router service, Windows 7.

Can my A3G Iphone/At &T make use of the DSL system in place to send and receive text or any other of the phone features?

If so how do I effect the setup?

Thanks for any assist.

Message 1 of 5 (288 Views)
Master

Re: 82YO neophyte needs help for Apple 3G -connect to Wifi

You can connect to your wireless router but to use SMS, you need to look at ATT's Micro cell that would attach to your router via an ethernet cable.  Check with your local ATT corporate store.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 5 (281 Views)
Contributor

The Micro Cell is the mandatory req to achieve my objective - do I understand correctly?
Message 3 of 5 (276 Views)
Master

If you have no cell coverage at your home, the micro-cell will create that environment so you can send SMS messages.  email and internet will work via the wifi that your current router supports.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 4 of 5 (262 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

You would need to be in an at&t service area to use a microcell.  If you are not in an area in which at&t is licensed to operate, you will not be able to use a microcell.  I would talk to at&t before spending any more money (such as purchasing a microcell).

Message 5 of 5 (220 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.