Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 26, 2011
8:02:24 AM
View profile
500MB Feature question

I have the 500MB feature in my account that expires at 09/08/2011. Probably I am going to use all the data before that. What happens if I add another 500MB? Are they going to expire on the same date still? How should be my best strategy?

Thanks,

Haris

I have the 500MB feature in my account that expires at 09/08/2011. Probably I am going to use all the data before that. What happens if I add another 500MB? Are they going to expire on the same date still? How should be my best strategy?

Thanks,

Haris

500MB Feature question

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2011 9:56:28 AM
(0)
Contributor

I added the 500MB anyway, they are going to be vaild until the 24th. That's good.

I added the 500MB anyway, they are going to be vaild until the 24th. That's good.

Re: 500MB Feature question

2 of 3 (206 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2011 9:58:57 AM
(0)
Scholar

haris163 wrote:

Thanks,

Haris

At least they are fair on this, haris163:  The feature packages have rollover balance, and the new balance is extended by 30 days:

"Feature packages are good for 30 days as long as your account balance is not expired. Standard rates apply if feature package is not renewed after 30 days. Also, feature package balance rolls over if renewed before expiration date."

1. Insure that your account has not expired in accordance with the expiry date.
  2. Renew your data feature package one day before its 30-day expiration, or just in time, before your use balance goes to zero.

This is what I do.

I also have noted that my iPhone uses GPRS radio even when connected to WiFi, for unknown reasons.

It is a small drain, but it is a constant drain.  You can see the GPRS logs in the History Log in your GoPhone account.  I believe the units of measure are 5kByte blocks (not sure), and I see 6 to 8 "units" regularly, even though I have Location Tracking off.  I do not have visual voicemail (prepaid does not have visual voicemail, anyway), so there is no explanation -- it is what it is.

Hope this helps.

haris163 wrote:

Thanks,

Haris

At least they are fair on this, haris163:  The feature packages have rollover balance, and the new balance is extended by 30 days:

"Feature packages are good for 30 days as long as your account balance is not expired. Standard rates apply if feature package is not renewed after 30 days. Also, feature package balance rolls over if renewed before expiration date."

1. Insure that your account has not expired in accordance with the expiry date.
  2. Renew your data feature package one day before its 30-day expiration, or just in time, before your use balance goes to zero.

This is what I do.

I also have noted that my iPhone uses GPRS radio even when connected to WiFi, for unknown reasons.

It is a small drain, but it is a constant drain.  You can see the GPRS logs in the History Log in your GoPhone account.  I believe the units of measure are 5kByte blocks (not sure), and I see 6 to 8 "units" regularly, even though I have Location Tracking off.  I do not have visual voicemail (prepaid does not have visual voicemail, anyway), so there is no explanation -- it is what it is.

Hope this helps.

Re: 500MB Feature question

3 of 3 (203 Views)