500MB Data package go phone

Contributor

500MB Data package go phone

Just got the Android LG Thrive., signed up new go phone with 500mb data package not 3 days ago. Checked out the web a few times, download a free game from ATT Market and that is it.., have not set up e-mail yet (which is why I added the plan., for work).,  just checked my data balance and it is ALL USED UP. In 3 days., I have not used the data plan hardly at all., what is using up my balance at such a horrible rate?

Message 1 of 2 (1,126 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Re: 500MB Data package go phone

rleon2 wrote:

Just got the Android LG Thrive., signed up new go phone with 500mb data package not 3 days ago. Checked out the web a few times, download a free game from ATT Market and that is it.., have not set up e-mail yet (which is why I added the plan., for work).,  just checked my data balance and it is ALL USED UP. In 3 days., I have not used the data plan hardly at all., what is using up my balance at such a horrible rate?

Yikes! 500MB, gone, like that?! I would just be thankful that you weren't on a postpaid 200MB plan...you'd be seeing some pretty hefty data overages. Smiley Surprised

Do you have any apps running in the background such as GPS or other social network services that constantly update every few minutes? That would eat up a lot of data. Weather, maybe? When you are finished using apps, it's best to make sure that they are completely closed out by using your phone's task manager/task killer. I believe the LG Thrive has one of these pre-loaded. If not, you can go to the Android Market and download one. Believe me, those task managers work really well - they save on your battery life, too!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 2 (1,113 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.