$50 Monthly Unlimited Plan

Guru

$50 Monthly Unlimited Plan

Hello all, just curious but has anyone else switched to this plan? I switched to this plan this past Wednesday and I use a Motorola Razr2 V9x. I definitely like the newer price and I get excellent reception.

Message 1 of 20
Professor

Re: $50 Monthly Unlimited Plan

Razr8 wrote:

Hello all, just curious but has anyone else switched to this plan? I switched to this plan this past Wednesday and I use a Motorola Razr2 V9x. I definitely like the newer price and I get excellent reception.

Hey Razz, this sounds better than my deal even.  I may have to takea look into this. 

Message 16 of 20
Contributor

what would be considered a smartphone (data plan required)

they offer phones that i would consider a smartphone in the go phone section such as the captivate. can i use the captivate with the unlimited plan or do i have to purchase a data plan with the 50 dollar plan 

Message 17 of 20

Re: what would be considered a smartphone (data plan required)

sessler86 wrote:

they offer phones that i would consider a smartphone in the go phone section such as the captivate. can i use the captivate with the unlimited plan or do i have to purchase a data plan with the 50 dollar plan 

Hello Sessler86.

The Captivate runs Android 2.1.  It is condered a smartphone.  You need to purchase a data feature package with the $50 plan.  (Phone with proprietary OSes are not smartphones.  If you have a phone running on {Android, iOS, Blackberry, WM7} then you have a smartphone.

But you have the option of not buying the data feature package, and relying on WiFi data connectivity only.  Some folks on here do exactly that.

Hope that helps.

Message 18 of 20
Master

Re: what would be considered a smartphone (data plan required)

OnlytheShadowKnows wrote:
But you have the option of not buying the data feature package, and relying on WiFi data connectivity only.  Some folks on here do exactly that.

Like myself. Smiley Happy

I use my Captivate GoPhone on Wi-Fi only when I need to access data. I have no want or need for a data plan, although it would be nice to have data available on the go outside of a Wi-Fi zone.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 19 of 20
Highlighted
Guru

Re: $50 Monthly Unlimited Plan

RicoLX wrote:

Razr8 wrote:

Hey Razz, this sounds better than my deal even.  I may have to takea look into this. 

Couldn't be happier with my plan Rico, it certainly works for me.

Message 20 of 20
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support