Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 26, 2011
9:07:57 AM
View profile
$50 Monthly Unlimited Plan

Hello all, just curious but has anyone else switched to this plan? I switched to this plan this past Wednesday and I use a Motorola Razr2 V9x. I definitely like the newer price and I get excellent reception.

Hello all, just curious but has anyone else switched to this plan? I switched to this plan this past Wednesday and I use a Motorola Razr2 V9x. I definitely like the newer price and I get excellent reception.

$50 Monthly Unlimited Plan

19 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(19)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2011 4:58:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Wow!!  I hadn't even noticed the change on the website; but at $50 a month for unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for a feature/messaging phone user that is a pretty good deal if the coverage of at&t's prepaid service is adequate.  The corresponding post paid plan would run you twice that without having any international texting included.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Wow!!  I hadn't even noticed the change on the website; but at $50 a month for unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for a feature/messaging phone user that is a pretty good deal if the coverage of at&t's prepaid service is adequate.  The corresponding post paid plan would run you twice that without having any international texting included.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: $50 Monthly Unlimited Plan

2 of 20 (10,786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2011 7:48:54 AM
(0)
Guru

The coverage for me has been great. Great plan on a what I feel is an excellent phone, no complaints.

The coverage for me has been great. Great plan on a what I feel is an excellent phone, no complaints.

3 of 20 (10,771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2011 7:52:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

hme83 wrote:

Wow, seriously?! AT&T lowered the price by $10, AND even threw in unlimited data to the mix? Now THAT'S a deal in a deal itself! Smiley Very Happy Wow, I really cannot believe this. Surely this is a much more attractive pricing option for what you get for the money. I'm sure customers who had the previous $60 Unlimited Talk & Text plan are jumping on this newer, improved plan! (That is, if they even know about it... Smiley Wink) Still, it's not quite as great of a deal as Virgin Mobile, who offers the same plan (including e-mail) for a mere $25 a month. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

hme83 wrote:

Wow, seriously?! AT&T lowered the price by $10, AND even threw in unlimited data to the mix? Now THAT'S a deal in a deal itself! Smiley Very Happy Wow, I really cannot believe this. Surely this is a much more attractive pricing option for what you get for the money. I'm sure customers who had the previous $60 Unlimited Talk & Text plan are jumping on this newer, improved plan! (That is, if they even know about it... Smiley Wink) Still, it's not quite as great of a deal as Virgin Mobile, who offers the same plan (including e-mail) for a mere $25 a month. Smiley Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 20 (10,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2011 7:54:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Razr8 wrote:

It's great to hear that you are fully satisfied! Smiley Happy

Razr8 wrote:

It's great to hear that you are fully satisfied! Smiley Happy

5 of 20 (10,729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2011 8:56:51 PM
(0)
Guru

Thanks Wild Banchi, I know with the new prepaid plans smartphone users may not be too happy if they have to pay an additional $25 for 500MB of data, but for my phone and my needs it's perfect. I was hoping AT&T would do something like this after Verizon announced similar plans and after the announcement of the T Mobile merger.

Thanks Wild Banchi, I know with the new prepaid plans smartphone users may not be too happy if they have to pay an additional $25 for 500MB of data, but for my phone and my needs it's perfect. I was hoping AT&T would do something like this after Verizon announced similar plans and after the announcement of the T Mobile merger.

6 of 20 (10,722 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2011 9:07:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're welcome. I'm using a prepaid smartphone with no data plan, so it works for me. I enjoy being able to use a top-of-the-line cell phone without needing to pay for a data plan which I would never use anyway. I will never go back to Verizon's prepaid, for what limited prepaid options they have that are available.

You're welcome. I'm using a prepaid smartphone with no data plan, so it works for me. I enjoy being able to use a top-of-the-line cell phone without needing to pay for a data plan which I would never use anyway. I will never go back to Verizon's prepaid, for what limited prepaid options they have that are available.

7 of 20 (10,719 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2011 9:24:14 PM
(0)
Guru

My sentiments exactly, i also like the idea of using a well regarded phone on a plan that I'm pleased with. Plus the flexibility of no contract is equally appealing. With the prepaid competition heating up we as consumers can hopefully benefit.

My sentiments exactly, i also like the idea of using a well regarded phone on a plan that I'm pleased with. Plus the flexibility of no contract is equally appealing. With the prepaid competition heating up we as consumers can hopefully benefit.

8 of 20 (10,715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2011 11:48:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info!

9 of 20 (10,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2011 7:17:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

Will the data plan work on an iPhone 4? or do i have to install a custom apn?

Will the data plan work on an iPhone 4? or do i have to install a custom apn?

10 of 20 (10,435 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2011 7:36:10 PM
(0)
Guru

I have heard of ways that prepaid data will work on an iPhone, you might want to search the boards for further info. Just so you know with the monthly unlimited plan data is not unlimited, for smartphone users along with the $50 you have to pay an additional $25 for 500MB.

I have heard of ways that prepaid data will work on an iPhone, you might want to search the boards for further info. Just so you know with the monthly unlimited plan data is not unlimited, for smartphone users along with the $50 you have to pay an additional $25 for 500MB.

11 of 20 (8,328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 12:45:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

can't you just put in an apn manually for smartphones and it'll work fine? i have inspire 4g and prepaid data wouldnt work but then i manually put in an apn and now it works fine.

can't you just put in an apn manually for smartphones and it'll work fine? i have inspire 4g and prepaid data wouldnt work but then i manually put in an apn and now it works fine.

12 of 20 (8,091 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2011 4:59:21 PM
(0)
Expert
you can but att does do system sweeps and will either limit/deny the use of data or require you to get the proper data plan for the phone if available, as to how long that can take no one knows but i have seen it done within minutes of using the new phone.
you can but att does do system sweeps and will either limit/deny the use of data or require you to get the proper data plan for the phone if available, as to how long that can take no one knows but i have seen it done within minutes of using the new phone.

13 of 20 (8,039 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2011 5:27:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

im stuck.  i have a blackberry and im on the $50 prepaid account. since its a blackberry,i have to purchase a data package. thats still a good deal because sprint/verizon service coverage sucks here.my problem is that it connect to internet. att says call blackberry.blackberry says call att.im bout to call it quits with both.anyone else ever had this issue????

im stuck.  i have a blackberry and im on the $50 prepaid account. since its a blackberry,i have to purchase a data package. thats still a good deal because sprint/verizon service coverage sucks here.my problem is that it connect to internet. att says call blackberry.blackberry says call att.im bout to call it quits with both.anyone else ever had this issue????

14 of 20 (7,979 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2011 6:25:06 PM
(0)
Teacher
I think they need unlimited data for those who do have a smartphone and use it a lot though.
I think they need unlimited data for those who do have a smartphone and use it a lot though.

15 of 20 (7,811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2011 3:46:53 PM
(0)
Professor

Razr8 wrote:

Hey Razz, this sounds better than my deal even.  I may have to takea look into this. 

Razr8 wrote:

Hey Razz, this sounds better than my deal even.  I may have to takea look into this. 

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

16 of 20 (7,774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 9:16:49 PM
(0)
Contributor

they offer phones that i would consider a smartphone in the go phone section such as the captivate. can i use the captivate with the unlimited plan or do i have to purchase a data plan with the 50 dollar plan 

they offer phones that i would consider a smartphone in the go phone section such as the captivate. can i use the captivate with the unlimited plan or do i have to purchase a data plan with the 50 dollar plan 

what would be considered a smartphone (data plan required)

17 of 20 (7,756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2011 11:05:20 AM
(0)
Scholar

sessler86 wrote:

Hello Sessler86.

The Captivate runs Android 2.1.  It is condered a smartphone.  You need to purchase a data feature package with the $50 plan.  (Phone with proprietary OSes are not smartphones.  If you have a phone running on {Android, iOS, Blackberry, WM7} then you have a smartphone.

But you have the option of not buying the data feature package, and relying on WiFi data connectivity only.  Some folks on here do exactly that.

Hope that helps.

sessler86 wrote:

Hello Sessler86.

The Captivate runs Android 2.1.  It is condered a smartphone.  You need to purchase a data feature package with the $50 plan.  (Phone with proprietary OSes are not smartphones.  If you have a phone running on {Android, iOS, Blackberry, WM7} then you have a smartphone.

But you have the option of not buying the data feature package, and relying on WiFi data connectivity only.  Some folks on here do exactly that.

Hope that helps.

Re: what would be considered a smartphone (data plan required)

18 of 20 (7,745 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2011 1:25:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

OnlytheShadowKnows wrote:

Like myself. Smiley Happy

I use my Captivate GoPhone on Wi-Fi only when I need to access data. I have no want or need for a data plan, although it would be nice to have data available on the go outside of a Wi-Fi zone.

OnlytheShadowKnows wrote:

Like myself. Smiley Happy

I use my Captivate GoPhone on Wi-Fi only when I need to access data. I have no want or need for a data plan, although it would be nice to have data available on the go outside of a Wi-Fi zone.

Re: what would be considered a smartphone (data plan required)

19 of 20 (7,738 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2011 8:24:17 PM
(0)
Guru

RicoLX wrote:

Razr8 wrote:

Couldn't be happier with my plan Rico, it certainly works for me.

RicoLX wrote:

Razr8 wrote:

Couldn't be happier with my plan Rico, it certainly works for me.

20 of 20 (7,727 Views)