4s upgrade on family line

Tutor

4s upgrade on family line

I have 4 lines on my family plan, 2 are Iphones and 2 regular without data.  I'm looking to upgrade my iphone but am not eligible for an upgrade yet. My brother has a regular phone without a data plan. I was wondering if we can have my brother upgrade to the iphone 4s, add a data plan, then give me the iphone 4s when my time is up and cancel his data plan.

Message 1 of 2 (483 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: 4s upgrade on family line

You can take one phone's upgrade eligibility and use it on the other. Please note that the data plan would have to follow the phone and the contract would stay with the line that was upgraded. 

Here is an article with more infomation: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB411310&cv=820#fbid=Ohn6Kjgr1pd

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (463 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.