Wireless Forums

Posted Nov 30, 2011
7:11:31 AM
View profile
4s says no sim card.
Got invalid sim this morning 3 times. Did a hard reset now it says no sim card. Back to AT&T for new sim card? Or back to apple ??
Got invalid sim this morning 3 times. Did a hard reset now it says no sim card. Back to AT&T for new sim card? Or back to apple ??
hello!!!

4s says no sim card.

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 7:35:32 AM
(0)
Scholar

Try removing and reinserting the SIM.

Next thing I would try is a replacement SIM from AT&T... all else fails, then it's a hardware issue for Apple to address.

Try removing and reinserting the SIM.

Next thing I would try is a replacement SIM from AT&T... all else fails, then it's a hardware issue for Apple to address.

Re: 4s says no sim card.

2 of 16 (3,582 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 8:04:03 AM
(0)
Professor
Yep going to AT&T today after work.
Yep going to AT&T today after work.
hello!!!

3 of 16 (3,574 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 3:03:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Did you ever find a solution to the "No SIM" issue?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 16 (3,546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 3:27:44 PM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

NOPE iphone sits on my desk  saying NO SIM. i am done with this iphone,first one had issues now this one is having  issues.  i wish i never upgraded now.

Wild Banchi wrote:

NOPE iphone sits on my desk  saying NO SIM. i am done with this iphone,first one had issues now this one is having  issues.  i wish i never upgraded now.

hello!!!

5 of 16 (3,543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 3:40:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
When you powered on the phone, was your SIM card already installed like it usually would be (unless you take it out for some reason every time you turn your phone off)? When you turned it on, did it just out of the blue state "Invalid SIM"?

When you powered on the phone, was your SIM card already installed like it usually would be (unless you take it out for some reason every time you turn your phone off)? When you turned it on, did it just out of the blue state "Invalid SIM"?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 16 (3,539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 4:05:49 PM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

this Morning at work after 8 am i sent a text message shortly after i sent  the text, it said  invaild sim.my iphone stays on.so i did a hardreset it showed i had  service then it jumped back to invaild sim.so another reboot service then Invaild sim then too NO SIM card. in the left hand corner it says no sim......stopped in at AT&T Corporate store tody they told me it was apple problem. i asked for another SIM card i got a run around. at this point i do not care if the iphone works again.i called apple they told me i have to go back to AT&T and get a new sim card.   

Wild Banchi wrote:

this Morning at work after 8 am i sent a text message shortly after i sent  the text, it said  invaild sim.my iphone stays on.so i did a hardreset it showed i had  service then it jumped back to invaild sim.so another reboot service then Invaild sim then too NO SIM card. in the left hand corner it says no sim......stopped in at AT&T Corporate store tody they told me it was apple problem. i asked for another SIM card i got a run around. at this point i do not care if the iphone works again.i called apple they told me i have to go back to AT&T and get a new sim card.   

hello!!!

7 of 16 (3,535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 4:17:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I do find it very odd that if your SIM card is indeed inside of the phone, the phone is not detecting it. I also find it kind of lame that the AT&T corporate store you visited did not provide you with another SIM.

If you don't mind trying again, maybe at a different store, explain the problem and ask for another SIM. If they will not give you one for free, purchase one.

I hate it when technology has problems. Especially when they appear at random, so unexpected.

I do find it very odd that if your SIM card is indeed inside of the phone, the phone is not detecting it. I also find it kind of lame that the AT&T corporate store you visited did not provide you with another SIM.

If you don't mind trying again, maybe at a different store, explain the problem and ask for another SIM. If they will not give you one for free, purchase one.

I hate it when technology has problems. Especially when they appear at random, so unexpected.

8 of 16 (3,531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 4:45:00 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by graphite07 on Nov 30, 2011 at 4:47:00 PM

ni sim called installed

the sim card is in there... it's not working....

no sim card.jpg

ni sim called installed

the sim card is in there... it's not working....

no sim card.jpg

hello!!!

[ Edited ]
9 of 16 (3,528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 4:56:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're completely right. Wow, that is weird...

It must be a SIM card problem. Do you have any other iPhones you can temporarily place your SIM card in to see if it's a problem with the SIM or a problem with the phone itself? Or have another person with an iPhone (perhaps a family member) put their SIM inside of your phone?

You're completely right. Wow, that is weird...

It must be a SIM card problem. Do you have any other iPhones you can temporarily place your SIM card in to see if it's a problem with the SIM or a problem with the phone itself? Or have another person with an iPhone (perhaps a family member) put their SIM inside of your phone?

10 of 16 (3,523 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 6:01:45 PM
(0)
Professor

yea il try my wife sim card when she gets home.

yea il try my wife sim card when she gets home.

hello!!!

11 of 16 (3,278 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 6:25:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Alright. Good luck.

Alright. Good luck.

12 of 16 (3,275 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2011 6:01:35 PM
(0)
Professor

ok got a new  SIM card Iphone is working good. first store was out of them had to drive  across town, but i had to go that any ways.

ok got a new  SIM card Iphone is working good. first store was out of them had to drive  across town, but i had to go that any ways.

hello!!!

13 of 16 (3,251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2011 6:45:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
So it WAS the SIM card after all. :smileywink:

Anyhow, glad you got your phone working back to normal again and thanks for clarifying! Hopefully you shall experience no more issues!

So it WAS the SIM card after all. :smileywink:

Anyhow, glad you got your phone working back to normal again and thanks for clarifying! Hopefully you shall experience no more issues!

14 of 16 (3,245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2011 7:27:29 PM
(0)
Professor

yep the sim card was dead for unknown reasons. insert new sim phone   searched for the network jumped on it, now it seems faster.

yep the sim card was dead for unknown reasons. insert new sim phone   searched for the network jumped on it, now it seems faster.

hello!!!

15 of 16 (3,241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2011 7:27:35 AM
(0)
Guru

graphite07 wrote:

Congrats on getting your issue resolved, and that the issue itself was a relatively simple matter.

FWIW--given the initial experience you had in trying to get your issue resolved, it's no wonder AT&T ranks near the bottom in customer support; I mean, you had one AT&T corp store implying to you that it must be an Apple problem and refusing to do even something as simple as swap a SIM card--how hard would it have been for them to try it?

graphite07 wrote:

Congrats on getting your issue resolved, and that the issue itself was a relatively simple matter.

FWIW--given the initial experience you had in trying to get your issue resolved, it's no wonder AT&T ranks near the bottom in customer support; I mean, you had one AT&T corp store implying to you that it must be an Apple problem and refusing to do even something as simple as swap a SIM card--how hard would it have been for them to try it?

16 of 16 (3,223 Views)