Posted Nov 23, 2011
2:58:37 PM
View profile
4s question/issues

New iphone for me made the switch from the berry.  A couple of questions

1   when I turn my phone sideways my screen doesn't rotate???  is there a way to turn this on?

2   my battery will barely last one day.  I turn my apps off often and it just eats battery  any tips on why or is this typical.  I run syri and auto locate but not a lot else.

thanks in advance.

1   when I turn my phone sideways my screen doesn't rotate???  is there a way to turn this on?

2   my battery will barely last one day.  I turn my apps off often and it just eats battery  any tips on why or is this typical.  I run syri and auto locate but not a lot else.

thanks in advance.

4s question/issues

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2011 3:05:16 PM
(0)
Professor

make sure the screen is not locked.double tap home sreen then scroll to the right. you will see a square with a  arrow circle in it. this will lock the screen from rotating.make sure there is not a lock in the middle of that

hawgsalot wrote:

thanks in advance.

make sure the screen is not locked.double tap home sreen then scroll to the right. you will see a square with a  arrow circle in it. this will lock the screen from rotating.make sure there is not a lock in the middle of that

hawgsalot wrote:

thanks in advance.

hello!!!

Re: 4s question/issues

2 of 6 (545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2011 4:27:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

If you are checking email, browsing, talking on the phone and/or sending text messages throughout the day, your battery life is typical.

If you are checking email, browsing, talking on the phone and/or sending text messages throughout the day, your battery life is typical.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2011 7:25:49 PM
(0)
Master

There are also some battery issues that Apple has acknowledged and a new iOS update is expected once they fix a rummored memory leak.  Maybe next week.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

There are also some battery issues that Apple has acknowledged and a new iOS update is expected once they fix a rummored memory leak.  Maybe next week.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

4 of 6 (499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2011 2:12:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
If you are trying to rotate the screen from the home screen, that cannot be done. You may only rotate the screen while web browsing, checking e-mail, playing games/other apps, listening to music, etc.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

If you are trying to rotate the screen from the home screen, that cannot be done. You may only rotate the screen while web browsing, checking e-mail, playing games/other apps, listening to music, etc.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (440 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2011 3:00:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

The "home" screen/rows of buttons does not rotate. Apps should rotate, unless you locked the screen orientation (as others point out.)

One full day of actual use is very typical. Two days of really light use/mostly standby is also normal.

"eats battery" is relative. You can see 10-15%/hour for heavy data/voice use, or (brace yourself) 30% an hour for some graphics-oriented games. Again, all normal.

From the apple page here (which you can look over for battery suggestions) http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

Maximum Battery Life1

iPhone 4S offers up to 8 hours of talk time on 3G, 14 hours of talk time on 2G (GSM model only), 6 hours of Internet use on 3G, 9 hours of Internet use on Wi-Fi, 10 hours of video playback, or 40 hours of audio playback on a full charge at original capacity. In addition, iPhone 4S features up to 200 hours of standby time.

The "home" screen/rows of buttons does not rotate. Apps should rotate, unless you locked the screen orientation (as others point out.)

One full day of actual use is very typical. Two days of really light use/mostly standby is also normal.

"eats battery" is relative. You can see 10-15%/hour for heavy data/voice use, or (brace yourself) 30% an hour for some graphics-oriented games. Again, all normal.

From the apple page here (which you can look over for battery suggestions) http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

Maximum Battery Life1

iPhone 4S offers up to 8 hours of talk time on 3G, 14 hours of talk time on 2G (GSM model only), 6 hours of Internet use on 3G, 9 hours of Internet use on Wi-Fi, 10 hours of video playback, or 40 hours of audio playback on a full charge at original capacity. In addition, iPhone 4S features up to 200 hours of standby time.

6 of 6 (427 Views)