4s is slower than ip4 in web browsing

Teacher

4s is slower than ip4 in web browsing

I did a test between my friend's iPhone 4 and my 4s. All the few apps I tested, the 4s is faster. But when browsing with safari iPhone 4 is faster, I only tried few web sites when trAvelling though. Anyone else care to do a more controlled test?

And also how comes my 4s does have the visual voicemail service? I have the 2gb plan, isn't it suppose to come with the visual vm?
Message 1 of 8 (395 Views)
Mentor

Re: 4s is slower than ip4 in web browsing

what is visual voice mail?

Message 2 of 8 (392 Views)
Master

Examples please? My experience is that the 4s is faster. In some cases my 4 would start to visually load first but the 4s always finished first.

As for visual voice mail, if you gave the iPhone data plan, It is included.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 3 of 8 (355 Views)
Teacher

I've tried yahoo.com msn.com and hotmail.com with address types on both phone and pressed the load at the same time. Ip4 always finish loading first.

As for the visual voice mail I have the 2gb data plan but no visual voice mail. I guess I'll give AT&T a call
Message 4 of 8 (337 Views)
Professor

Wow really?? My 4S LOADS websites faster than my iPhone 4. What websites did you go to?
Message 5 of 8 (310 Views)

i've done more than one side by side, (as i've just given my wife my 4) and the 4s smokes the 4. Must have been on at&t data, only way.

Message 6 of 8 (308 Views)

It has certainly been my experience that the 4S is faster at both running applications as well as network speeds.  Both cell network and WiFi.  In Safari as well as other network enabled apps.

Message 7 of 8 (294 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

I just double check with my friends ip4. Yes the 4s is faster. Maybe it's the reception in that area caused the problem.
Message 8 of 8 (250 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.