Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 30, 2011
9:12:59 PM
View profile
4g lte htc inspire
I live in new York city, and recently I changed my data plan to 4g instead of smartphone. I have a 4g sim card but I don't know how to use.the 4g LTE, it always says hspa+ which isn't 4g. Could anyone help me out?
I live in new York city, and recently I changed my data plan to 4g instead of smartphone. I have a 4g sim card but I don't know how to use.the 4g LTE, it always says hspa+ which isn't 4g. Could anyone help me out?

4g lte htc inspire

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2011 4:06:53 AM
(0)
Scholar

HSPA+ is 4G.

LTE is 4G.

Until AT&T launches LTE service in NYC there is no way to make it miracuously work.  For a listing of cities where LTE has launched, check here.

HSPA+ is 4G.

LTE is 4G.

Until AT&T launches LTE service in NYC there is no way to make it miracuously work.  For a listing of cities where LTE has launched, check here.

Re: 4g lte htc inspire

2 of 15 (3,047 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2011 5:57:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Inspire will never ever be able to receive an LTE signal, its not equipped with the proper hardware.  The 4G on the Insprire is HSPA+ only.

If you want an HTC phone from AT&T compatible with LTE, you need the more recent Vivid.  And as mentioned above, you (obviously) won't get LTE until the LTE network is launched in you area.

So you are not only missing the correct hardware, but also no network in your area for LTE.

Inspire will never ever be able to receive an LTE signal, its not equipped with the proper hardware.  The 4G on the Insprire is HSPA+ only.

If you want an HTC phone from AT&T compatible with LTE, you need the more recent Vivid.  And as mentioned above, you (obviously) won't get LTE until the LTE network is launched in you area.

So you are not only missing the correct hardware, but also no network in your area for LTE.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 15 (3,033 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2011 9:22:15 PM
(0)
Contributor
But if I travel to those locations will it just turn on

4 of 15 (3,006 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2011 6:39:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

brady1221 wrote:

NO!!!  You did not read my last post very carefully, if at all.

The Inspire is NOT LTE compatible.  Its missing the radio (cell antenna) hardware.  No way in the world you will ever get LTE on this phone, no matter where you travel to.

brady1221 wrote:

NO!!!  You did not read my last post very carefully, if at all.

The Inspire is NOT LTE compatible.  Its missing the radio (cell antenna) hardware.  No way in the world you will ever get LTE on this phone, no matter where you travel to.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 15 (2,987 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2011 6:50:59 AM
(0)
Teacher
Redpoint is correct The Inspire is not LTE capable, just HSPA+. Which sucks because they turned on LTE here in Vegas. But I won't get it on my Inspire.
Redpoint is correct The Inspire is not LTE capable, just HSPA+. Which sucks because they turned on LTE here in Vegas. But I won't get it on my Inspire.

6 of 15 (2,985 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 4:06:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
It's false marketing on AT&T's part for calling the Inspire '4G'. I bet most Inspire owners would not have even gotten the phone if they knew that it would never be true 4G LTE-capable.

I personally find it a shame, along with the Motorola Atrix and Samsung Infuse '4G'. These phones were hyped up to be the best and most advanced, but in reality, they fell short.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

It's false marketing on AT&T's part for calling the Inspire '4G'. I bet most Inspire owners would not have even gotten the phone if they knew that it would never be true 4G LTE-capable.

I personally find it a shame, along with the Motorola Atrix and Samsung Infuse '4G'. These phones were hyped up to be the best and most advanced, but in reality, they fell short.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

7 of 15 (2,924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 6:47:48 PM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

hey WB, not to take away any of your thunder, I got the Inspire a couple of months ago and even though it's not a LTE capable device, I think it is a really kick booty decice. I love it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Wild Banchi wrote:

hey WB, not to take away any of your thunder, I got the Inspire a couple of months ago and even though it's not a LTE capable device, I think it is a really kick booty decice. I love it.

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

8 of 15 (2,918 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 7:52:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Hola, ghostryder! Nice to hear about your new toy - I thought you were a BlackBerry Torch user for life...? Smiley Wink

Hola, ghostryder! Nice to hear about your new toy - I thought you were a BlackBerry Torch user for life...? Smiley Wink

9 of 15 (2,915 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 7:54:31 PM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

Don't believe everything you hear. I still use the Torch, it is a great phone, but my Inspire ROCKS!!!!!

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Wild Banchi wrote:

Don't believe everything you hear. I still use the Torch, it is a great phone, but my Inspire ROCKS!!!!!

~~~Seth Mendenhall

10 of 15 (2,913 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 8:00:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Another Android convert! Smiley Very Happy

Glad you like both phones.

11 of 15 (2,675 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 8:02:52 PM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Wild Banchi wrote:

~~~Seth Mendenhall

12 of 15 (2,672 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 8:46:59 PM
(0)
Mentor

Not to trod on your parade and burst your bubble, but AT&T did NOT  falsely market the Inspire.  As per the ITU (International Telecommunications Union) HSPA+ was authorized to be labeled "4G" along with LTE and WiMAX.  In reality all of the current "4G"  technologies present for cellular companies in the U.S. do not truly meet the 4G standards, so in theory all of the companies are false marketing.  The ITU loosened the grips on the term provided the technologies in place could show a substantial improvement from 3G speeds toward the actual 4G.  

I got the Inspire knowing full well the details mentioned above.  I also knew AT&T was trying to find a way to get LTE or some other form of "4G".  Knowing that as it may, I knew it would take a while for any new technologies to be implemented and made my choice.

Before you blame someone else of falsely stating anything, try to get your "facts" straight. 

Not to trod on your parade and burst your bubble, but AT&T did NOT  falsely market the Inspire.  As per the ITU (International Telecommunications Union) HSPA+ was authorized to be labeled "4G" along with LTE and WiMAX.  In reality all of the current "4G"  technologies present for cellular companies in the U.S. do not truly meet the 4G standards, so in theory all of the companies are false marketing.  The ITU loosened the grips on the term provided the technologies in place could show a substantial improvement from 3G speeds toward the actual 4G.  

I got the Inspire knowing full well the details mentioned above.  I also knew AT&T was trying to find a way to get LTE or some other form of "4G".  Knowing that as it may, I knew it would take a while for any new technologies to be implemented and made my choice.

Before you blame someone else of falsely stating anything, try to get your "facts" straight. 

13 of 15 (2,594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2011 9:40:50 AM
(0)
Professor

aybarrap1 wrote:

You have your facts straight about AT&T being able to legally mislead people, but you are also leaving some facts out. When the Inspire first came out, hsupa was disabled, crippling the device to mere 3G speeds, even in hspa enabled areas. AT&T later rectified this by having HTC release an update that enabled hsupa. Also, due to poor communication down to it's store employees, many employees sold the Inspire under the guise that it would run LTE speeds once the network was up and running. Whether intentional or not, AT&T did initially mislead many customers about what they would be getting with the Inspire.

aybarrap1 wrote:

You have your facts straight about AT&T being able to legally mislead people, but you are also leaving some facts out. When the Inspire first came out, hsupa was disabled, crippling the device to mere 3G speeds, even in hspa enabled areas. AT&T later rectified this by having HTC release an update that enabled hsupa. Also, due to poor communication down to it's store employees, many employees sold the Inspire under the guise that it would run LTE speeds once the network was up and running. Whether intentional or not, AT&T did initially mislead many customers about what they would be getting with the Inspire.

14 of 15 (2,583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2011 9:01:25 PM
(0)
Mentor

sitnsidewayz wrote:

aybarrap1 wrote:

Thank you for the additional points and corrections.  I had forgotten about the disabled ability at the beginning.  That did irritate me to no end.  However I understood this to be AT&T and HTC faults.  I was, however, primarily pointing out the concept of "4G" was never incorrect by standards set forth.  As far as the LTE issue, that is both a communication error from corporate to rep and just not having the knowledge in regards to rep.  Being a sales person does not necessarily mean you have to completely understand the jargon by employees.  In fact, I have met AT&T reps who did not know the difference in the specifics of the technology and made assumptions.

sitnsidewayz wrote:

aybarrap1 wrote:

Thank you for the additional points and corrections.  I had forgotten about the disabled ability at the beginning.  That did irritate me to no end.  However I understood this to be AT&T and HTC faults.  I was, however, primarily pointing out the concept of "4G" was never incorrect by standards set forth.  As far as the LTE issue, that is both a communication error from corporate to rep and just not having the knowledge in regards to rep.  Being a sales person does not necessarily mean you have to completely understand the jargon by employees.  In fact, I have met AT&T reps who did not know the difference in the specifics of the technology and made assumptions.

15 of 15 (2,573 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments