4S in store pre-order: any deliveries?

4S in store pre-order: any deliveries?

So I've just been reading and keeping up all the drama, but I just want to know has anyone who pre-ordered in the store actually received a phone, or a shipment confirmation.

I was ranting on twitter and the AT&T Customer Care account tried to 'help' but I think she just wanted to stop me from ranting. She left me a VM saying my phone should ship Monday or Tuesday, however I find that hard to believe.

Anywho I hadn't seen a post pertaining to this specifically and thought I'd ask. Hopefully something good happens soon! 

Message 1 of 11 (582 Views)
Tutor

Re: 4S in store pre-order: any deliveries?

I pre-ordered a white 32GB in the store on October 7 at 9AM ET.  I received shipping status update and tracking number on Wednesday, October 12.  My phone was delivered on Friday, October 14 a little before 9AM ET.

Message 2 of 11 (565 Views)
Highlighted
Explorer

order in-store 10/7 at 1:30pm....still backordered.

but just saw this post on macrumors - posted 6:39pm today:

News from AT&T Rep

I went in store to AT&T on 10/8/2011 and ordered the phone

I called AT&T today and I got a very friendly (finally) cs rep and he told me that they were no longer canceling pre-orders because the new shipment would be sent out this week. Also, he said that tonight at midnight the wireless order status page would be updated to reflect that iPhone4s would be shipped this week.

Mine has been on back order since the 8th I told him and he said that AT&T isn't updating the page too often. He reiterated the fact that tonight that should change at midnight.

SO I will be camping out waiting at midnight to see if this is true 

given past history, don't know what to believe...but will be checking this out!

Message 3 of 11 (546 Views)
Contributor

I pre-ordered mine in the store on the 7th at 3 PM.  No shipping update or estimated shipping date available as of now.  I contacted customer service who said it would ship out the 14th if ordered before 5pm on 10/7. (never happened).  This is the LAST time I "pre-order" from AT&T. Ill buy directly from Apple next time.

Message 4 of 11 (540 Views)
Contributor

I pre-ordered a 16GB white iphone 4s.. on October 7th  AT the At&T store around 11am. My order status is still "in progress" and it says quantity "backordered": 1. Can someone explain to me what is going on? This is extremely aggravating. Are we ever going to get our phones? 

Message 5 of 11 (507 Views)
Voyager

I'm in the same boat. Ordered a 16 white in store 11am EST on 10/7, still backordered. Tried to cancel and the store, store manager, and 2 CSRs on phone all refused. Was originally told that since I ordered before 4pm on the 7th, my phone would ship on the 14th. Didn't happen. Then I had a rep flat out lie to me on Sat and tell me 3 times that yes the phone had definitely shipped...though he could provide me with no tracking number. Still no phone. It's not the lack of phone that's making me mad...it's the lies, lack of info, and inconsistencies.
Message 6 of 11 (479 Views)
Scholar

i also called a att rep and FINALLY i got a very nice lady that wanted to do everything she could to help me, and thats all i wanted.. to have att show me that i matter and im not just $$ to them. its not only bc i dont have a phone the day it came out bc thats not the case..

anyway she also told me that i cannot cancel bc even tho it says backordered the phones that say in process are being processed and we should be recieving phones this week or next. so theres no way to cancel. ive waited this long.. theres no point to even fight with att anymore. theres no way to win and the wait is only gettin shorter from now on. even tho im anxious as anyone else.. i guess we just gotta breath a pray lol
Message 7 of 11 (449 Views)

dcchow wrote:

order in-store 10/7 at 1:30pm....still backordered.

but just saw this post on macrumors - posted 6:39pm today:

News from AT&T Rep

I went in store to AT&T on 10/8/2011 and ordered the phone

I called AT&T today and I got a very friendly (finally) cs rep and he told me that they were no longer canceling pre-orders because the new shipment would be sent out this week. Also, he said that tonight at midnight the wireless order status page would be updated to reflect that iPhone4s would be shipped this week.

Mine has been on back order since the 8th I told him and he said that AT&T isn't updating the page too often. He reiterated the fact that tonight that should change at midnight.

SO I will be camping out waiting at midnight to see if this is true 

given past history, don't know what to believe...but will be checking this out!

I hope that's true! I've been watching youtube videos of Siri tests all day... I'm getting a little antsy to try it out myself. Ha!

Message 8 of 11 (435 Views)
Scholar

haha omg you to ?! ive beeen watching videos. checking my status, trying everything to get this phone ahaha its depressing -___-
Message 9 of 11 (426 Views)

dresterj: you are quite lucky my friend! Hopefully we all get to be as lucky sooner rather than later!

I called my local store just to see curiously when they expected a new shipment and they said it should be later this week, so I thought if all else fails I'll cancel the order and buy in store BUT then I thought I really hope they don't ship more to the stores before fulfilling the pre-orders! I think I might have an aneurysm if that happened!

Message 10 of 11 (360 Views)

@roxygrljc827 ATT doesn't let you CANCEL your pre-order. You can buy an iPhone at Full price $649 in store or return your iPhone 4S after you receive it to get your upgrade eligibility reset and for refund. So, wait for your iPhone it may take couple of months.
Message 11 of 11 (373 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.