Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 4, 2011
9:53:13 AM
View profile
4S Activation Question

I upgraded using my Mom's upgrade, so when I recieve my 4S (should be today), do I have to do anything differently or do I just follow the instructions, as if I was using my upgrade? I don't have my own microsim as this is my first smartphone, so I can just simply pop mine in.

Thanks

I upgraded using my Mom's upgrade, so when I recieve my 4S (should be today), do I have to do anything differently or do I just follow the instructions, as if I was using my upgrade? I don't have my own microsim as this is my first smartphone, so I can just simply pop mine in.

Thanks

4S Activation Question

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 11:18:41 AM
(0)
Guru

mdinh wrote:

Thanks

I used my wife's upgrade, and I couldn't activate it on my number until I went down to an AT&T store and had them set the phones (she was getting my old 4) up on the correct numbers.  Mine was ordered from Apple, though I don't know that that had any impact on it.

mdinh wrote:

Thanks

I used my wife's upgrade, and I couldn't activate it on my number until I went down to an AT&T store and had them set the phones (she was getting my old 4) up on the correct numbers.  Mine was ordered from Apple, though I don't know that that had any impact on it.

Re: 4S Activation Question

2 of 5 (238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 11:26:59 AM
(0)
Mentor

If you don't already have a microsim for your phone then you have to go to an AT&T store to get the new 4S activated. Had you used your own upgrade they would have mailed you a microsim for your account along with the phone.

Dan

If you don't already have a microsim for your phone then you have to go to an AT&T store to get the new 4S activated. Had you used your own upgrade they would have mailed you a microsim for your account along with the phone.

Dan

3 of 5 (231 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 12:18:28 PM
(0)
Teacher
They are mailing me the micro sim, it says so on my order page, as well as my confirmation email
They are mailing me the micro sim, it says so on my order page, as well as my confirmation email

4 of 5 (215 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 12:57:09 PM
(0)
Former Employee

mdinh wrote:

The problem is that micro sim will be programmed for your mom's number (since you used her upgrade) not your number. Once you activate it, the sim currently in your mom's phone will be deactivated. That's why you need to go to a store to have them program that sim to your number.

mdinh wrote:

The problem is that micro sim will be programmed for your mom's number (since you used her upgrade) not your number. Once you activate it, the sim currently in your mom's phone will be deactivated. That's why you need to go to a store to have them program that sim to your number.

5 of 5 (205 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments