4G

4G

So, are we actually using 4g now. I thought it would be faster now if we were. Anybody? I got the gingerbread 2.3.3 update. Its ok. But it seems the reception has gone down by half the bars it seems.
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Professor

Re: 4G

4G (HSPA+) has been available in many areas for over a year.  It depends on your location. Seeing as many areas are not even on 3G, its a safe bet that those same areas will not have any form of 4G anytime soon.

If you are on 4G/HSPA+ you should see an "H" or "4G" icon in the notification bar (not sure which is the case for the Inspire stock OS). 

You can also test your upload/download speeds with Speedtest, a free app on the Android Market.  Do a few tests at different times of the day to get a good average, as network speed flucutates greatly due to traffic.  I think AT&T was claiming "up to 5 Mbps" speed on the HSPA+ network, when fully deployed.  But I've seen anywhere from less than 1 Mbps up to 4 Mbps at the same exact geographic location(my work).  Network speed at my house is really dodgey in comparison (despite being a highly developed suburb) often with speeds less than 0.5 Mbps, when I can get data reception at all.  Luckily, I am always on WiFi at home.

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support