Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 20, 2012
2:29:53 PM
4G LTE data coverage with unlimited plan?.

I already know that 4g phones will not get data with prepaid sims, but does that apply to sims with unlimited plans that are not prepaid, which can still be bought on AT&T.

I already know that 4g phones will not get data with prepaid sims, but does that apply to sims with unlimited plans that are not prepaid, which can still be bought on AT&T.

4G LTE data coverage with unlimited plan?.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2012 3:35:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Apr 20, 2012 at 3:36:17 PM

No new unlimited data plans are available, as they are no longer offered.  If you are referring to a grandfathered unlimited data plan, they can be converted to an unlimited LTE data plan.  AFAIK, a new SIM card is required for LTE data.

No new unlimited data plans are available, as they are no longer offered.  If you are referring to a grandfathered unlimited data plan, they can be converted to an unlimited LTE data plan.  AFAIK, a new SIM card is required for LTE data.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 4G LTE data coverage with unlimited plan?.

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (1,704 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2012 3:47:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

Uh, when you check out with a new sim card on AT&T, you have the option of unlimited data for $15 per month.

Uh, when you check out with a new sim card on AT&T, you have the option of unlimited data for $15 per month.

3 of 4 (1,700 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2012 7:49:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I think that AT&T still offers unlimited data for feature phones, but there is no unlimited data for smartphones still offered.  Even when AT&T did offer unlimited data for smartphones, it was $30/month.

I don't know of any feature phones that use LTE data, so the answer to your original question would be no.

I think that AT&T still offers unlimited data for feature phones, but there is no unlimited data for smartphones still offered.  Even when AT&T did offer unlimited data for smartphones, it was $30/month.

I don't know of any feature phones that use LTE data, so the answer to your original question would be no.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (1,668 Views)