Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 12, 2012
5:24:55 PM
4 vs the 4s??

My kids bought me an iphone4 8GB for my 60th birthday.  After using it now for nearly 2 weeks, I am considering going up to the 4S 16GB within my 30day grace period. In the first 4 days I had it, I'd already used up 1/2 of my data space  (course I downloaded the iOS5, maybe I shouldn't have) with apps. Haven't even put any pictures in it yet of my three grandchildren! And will also be taking videos of them as well.

I'm interested to hear what some of you think who have previously owned the iphone4, and who have upgraded to the 4S. Was it worth it? Is it really that much better for storage?? Are you happy you did it?? Don't really care so much about the SIRI. Mostly space, photo quality, available apps, and mostly, was it worth the extra 100 bucks?

I only have 2 weeks to decide.

Thanks very much! Toots

My kids bought me an iphone4 8GB for my 60th birthday.  After using it now for nearly 2 weeks, I am considering going up to the 4S 16GB within my 30day grace period. In the first 4 days I had it, I'd already used up 1/2 of my data space  (course I downloaded the iOS5, maybe I shouldn't have) with apps. Haven't even put any pictures in it yet of my three grandchildren! And will also be taking videos of them as well.

I'm interested to hear what some of you think who have previously owned the iphone4, and who have upgraded to the 4S. Was it worth it? Is it really that much better for storage?? Are you happy you did it?? Don't really care so much about the SIRI. Mostly space, photo quality, available apps, and mostly, was it worth the extra 100 bucks?

Thanks very much! Toots

4 vs the 4s??

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2012 6:10:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

8Gb is very tight. 16 GB is pretty decent. I have a 32GB one, and usually have 3-4GB free

8Gb is very tight. 16 GB is pretty decent. I have a 32GB one, and usually have 3-4GB free

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 4 vs the 4s??

2 of 11 (737 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2012 6:25:53 PM
(0)
Tutor

thanks for your reply.  I tried getting a 16 or greater.  But since the 4S came out, Apple has discontinued the iphone4.  So, ATT said the only iphone4 GB I could get was the 8GB.  Bummer, that would have solved some of my problem!

thanks for your reply.  I tried getting a 16 or greater.  But since the 4S came out, Apple has discontinued the iphone4.  So, ATT said the only iphone4 GB I could get was the 8GB.  Bummer, that would have solved some of my problem!

3 of 11 (730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2012 9:35:13 PM
(0)
Guru

I had a 32GB iPhone 4, and I upgraded to the 64GB iPhone 4S when it came out. I have 5.1GB of free space on my phone. The 4S is definitely snappier than the 4, and Siri is a nice feature. 

I had a 32GB iPhone 4, and I upgraded to the 64GB iPhone 4S when it came out. I have 5.1GB of free space on my phone. The 4S is definitely snappier than the 4, and Siri is a nice feature. 

4 of 11 (708 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2012 1:19:21 AM
(0)
Scholar

Just a thought, you can always transfer the pics and videos to your computer to save them and then delete them from your phone to free up the space. I think with iCloud, this happens automatically if you have your iCloud set up to keep a copy. I'm not the most informed about iCloud, but a trip to your local Genius Bar or a call to Apple would help.

In my experience, AT&T is going to try and get you to upgrade or spend more money, as they would be expected to. Even if you had to purchase a little more space on iCloud, it certainly wouldn't be $100.

The only reason I bring this up is because I record all of the lectures at school and save them for studying later. Even with my 16GB, 8, 1 hour lectures a week really eat up the storage space.

I reiterate, before I did anything, I would contact Apple. In my experience, they are extremely helpful and knowledgeable when it comes to the iPhone.

Just a thought, you can always transfer the pics and videos to your computer to save them and then delete them from your phone to free up the space. I think with iCloud, this happens automatically if you have your iCloud set up to keep a copy. I'm not the most informed about iCloud, but a trip to your local Genius Bar or a call to Apple would help.

In my experience, AT&T is going to try and get you to upgrade or spend more money, as they would be expected to. Even if you had to purchase a little more space on iCloud, it certainly wouldn't be $100.

The only reason I bring this up is because I record all of the lectures at school and save them for studying later. Even with my 16GB, 8, 1 hour lectures a week really eat up the storage space.

I reiterate, before I did anything, I would contact Apple. In my experience, they are extremely helpful and knowledgeable when it comes to the iPhone.

5 of 11 (694 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2012 5:00:27 AM
(0)
Scholar

tootseug wrote:

Thanks very much! Toots

It all depends on how much credit you will get for the iPhone 4.  I found that the 4S is faster and for me that was worth the difference.

tootseug wrote:

Thanks very much! Toots

It all depends on how much credit you will get for the iPhone 4.  I found that the 4S is faster and for me that was worth the difference.

6 of 11 (679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2012 6:13:56 PM
(0)
Scholar
I had the 16gb AT&T iPhone 4 in white
But cos I was not in the USA I couldn't use the phone
Functions but for music and web surfing I adored it!

After a few weeks I decided enuff was enuff go for the
4S and I've never looked back it has great handling
Really easy to use and it seems to backup stuff of it itself onto ur pc which is clever

I would consider u have a play with it instore
Might be best way for you to make ur mind up Smiley Wink
I had the 16gb AT&T iPhone 4 in white
But cos I was not in the USA I couldn't use the phone
Functions but for music and web surfing I adored it!

After a few weeks I decided enuff was enuff go for the
4S and I've never looked back it has great handling
Really easy to use and it seems to backup stuff of it itself onto ur pc which is clever

I would consider u have a play with it instore
Might be best way for you to make ur mind up Smiley Wink

7 of 11 (593 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2012 2:26:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
If you're satisfied with your 4, go ahead and keep it. If you're willing to pay more money for the latest and greatest, go right ahead. To me, a better camera, faster processor, and the addition of Siri, your own personal assistant, would sell me. A new design would definitely take the money out of my hands.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

If you're satisfied with your 4, go ahead and keep it. If you're willing to pay more money for the latest and greatest, go right ahead. To me, a better camera, faster processor, and the addition of Siri, your own personal assistant, would sell me. A new design would definitely take the money out of my hands.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 11 (511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2012 7:14:59 AM
(0)
Teacher

I currently have a 8gb iphone 4 and have an upgrade available. 

do you think i should wait for the next iphone to come out ??

9 of 11 (469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2012 8:45:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
@randyking02

Most definitely! Save your upgrade!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

@randyking02

Most definitely! Save your upgrade!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

10 of 11 (464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2012 9:34:56 AM
(0)
Scholar

randyking02 wrote:

Given that it's almost February, I would wait.  Apple is certain to come out with a new phone some time this summer.

randyking02 wrote:

Given that it's almost February, I would wait.  Apple is certain to come out with a new phone some time this summer.

11 of 11 (382 Views)