Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 23, 2012
7:27:44 AM
View profile
3x data usage when i moved from new Mexico to Arizona no change in usage
Being charged 3 x more data than I normally use and all that has changed is my location was using just under 2 gig a month last 2 months used 5 gig each month is that possible only use phone to check email and Facebook and listen to pandora but not more than before actually used phone less this month and well over 4 gig with 5 days to go in bill cycle
Being charged 3 x more data than I normally use and all that has changed is my location was using just under 2 gig a month last 2 months used 5 gig each month is that possible only use phone to check email and Facebook and listen to pandora but not more than before actually used phone less this month and well over 4 gig with 5 days to go in bill cycle

3x data usage when i moved from new Mexico to Arizona no change in usage

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2012 8:37:40 AM
(0)
Employee
Did you use some sort of GPS? That can eat up a ton of data. Even free apps like Google maps now use gps so you can use data just looking up a location, if the app isn't exited it can still run and track your location.
Did you use some sort of GPS? That can eat up a ton of data. Even free apps like Google maps now use gps so you can use data just looking up a location, if the app isn't exited it can still run and track your location.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: 3x data usage when i moved from new Mexico to Arizona no change in usage

2 of 5 (262 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2012 8:46:23 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

That's a really good point stef. I was thining about what might cause an increase in data use but using GPS didn't occur to me. 

Quez1 - If you used GPS while driving to your new place or perhaps to find your way around you new town, that might account for the extra data use. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

That's a really good point stef. I was thining about what might cause an increase in data use but using GPS didn't occur to me. 

Quez1 - If you used GPS while driving to your new place or perhaps to find your way around you new town, that might account for the extra data use. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (259 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2012 10:20:29 AM
(0)
Contributor
Yea I thought that 2 but have really been watching my use this month I am using hundreds of thousands of kb in a matter of 10 min not using gps or pandora that much going to shut off cell data for next couple days and document what I'm doing when I'm doing it per AT&T manager and will see thanks for advice extremely frustrated though
Yea I thought that 2 but have really been watching my use this month I am using hundreds of thousands of kb in a matter of 10 min not using gps or pandora that much going to shut off cell data for next couple days and document what I'm doing when I'm doing it per AT&T manager and will see thanks for advice extremely frustrated though

4 of 5 (248 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2012 11:12:21 AM
(0)
Employee
My data manager. It'll let you know what app is using data. From here in out though,not previous usage
My data manager. It'll let you know what app is using data. From here in out though,not previous usage
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (243 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments