Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 11, 2011
1:22:07 PM
3GS and warranty
I may still be under warranty. If so, is it worth having my phone checked by genius bar? Or, if a replacement is needed, will I get the same 3GS or will I have to downgrade to the 8gig?
I'm having issues with gps,not functioning well. But my main problem is slower speeds and my phone won't dock on my Phillips alarm clock anymore
I may still be under warranty. If so, is it worth having my phone checked by genius bar? Or, if a replacement is needed, will I get the same 3GS or will I have to downgrade to the 8gig?
I'm having issues with gps,not functioning well. But my main problem is slower speeds and my phone won't dock on my Phillips alarm clock anymore

3GS and warranty

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 2:20:13 PM
(0)
Professor

If there is an issue that warrants the device being replaced, it is replaced with the exact same model, capacity, and color device.

If there is an issue that warrants the device being replaced, it is replaced with the exact same model, capacity, and color device.

Re: 3GS and warranty

2 of 4 (185 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 6:09:22 PM
(0)
Master
Can they assist with the docking issue? Im wondering why it suddenly won't connect to my alarm clock anymore
Can they assist with the docking issue? Im wondering why it suddenly won't connect to my alarm clock anymore

3 of 4 (175 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 6:50:06 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by youngjm on Sep 11, 2011 at 6:51:21 PM

I would say you have a hardware issue.  More specifically in the Dock connector.  The downside here is that it might be due to water damage and Apple May/May not cover the replacement.  If they don't cover it, they do have a fee you can pay. I think it is $199?  Just be polite as it can be up to the Genius as to what direction they take if the damage is due to water.  If the damage is from something else other than physicial damage to the area, they will take care of you.

It costs you nothing to have it checked out!

www.apple.com/retail to make an appointment.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

I would say you have a hardware issue.  More specifically in the Dock connector.  The downside here is that it might be due to water damage and Apple May/May not cover the replacement.  If they don't cover it, they do have a fee you can pay. I think it is $199?  Just be polite as it can be up to the Genius as to what direction they take if the damage is due to water.  If the damage is from something else other than physicial damage to the area, they will take care of you.

It costs you nothing to have it checked out!

www.apple.com/retail to make an appointment.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (171 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments