3GS White or Black?

Tutor

3GS White or Black?

which one is easier to take care of? the white or black?
Message 1 of 14 (3,120 Views)
Expert

Re: 3GS White or Black?

Each has its faults.  The white will show dirt and the black will show finger prints.  With the 2 issues in mind, I ended up with the black as I thought wiping the finger prints is much easier than having to clean the phone.  Plus, if you use the iphone for business and the chance of it being seen by clients, the black would be more a acceptable choice.
Message 2 of 14 (3,113 Views)
Professor

Re: 3GS White or Black?

Hadn't thought of that. The black is probably a more professional look.
Message 3 of 14 (3,110 Views)
Guru

Re: 3GS White or Black?

[ Edited ]


Both looking pretty good and I had Black 3G and now white 3GS. In my opinion white looks a lot cooler and it's harder to find in stock as well... As far as fingerprints and dirt, none of it sticks to white. Go to Apple store near you and check out both of them.

 

Scratches on the back more noticeable on black. 

Message Edited by ipk316 on 07-28-2009 01:02:32 PM
Message 4 of 14 (3,096 Views)
Contributor

Re: 3GS White or Black?

I got White and I love it.

 

No problem with dirt/fingerprints.

 

 

Message 5 of 14 (3,048 Views)
Master

Re: 3GS White or Black?

Most people get a case to protect it so most of the time it really doesn't matter unless you leave your device naked.  Get a good case and take whats in stock.

 

There have been a couple (not many) that have stated their white iPhone turned a little pinkish due to heat.

Message 6 of 14 (3,041 Views)
Professor

Re: 3GS White or Black?


IAmKing wrote:
which one is easier to take care of? the white or black?

Scuffs show more on a black one than a white one, but I have a hard case for my black iPhone, so it really doesn't matter.

Message 7 of 14 (3,034 Views)
Professor

Re: 3GS White or Black?

Doesn't matter if its black or white! I have 3G white, and 3GS black, and with a case on both of them you can't tell. So unless you go nude you will not see what color you have. As stated in above posts. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 14 (3,030 Views)
Professor

Re: 3GS White or Black?

Yeah, I like mine to go commando.
Message 9 of 14 (3,025 Views)

Re: 3GS White or Black?

I like my iPhone 3G naked. However sometimes I use my case, I love to show off my iPhone 3G. But you could also try to buy a clear case to show off you iPhone 3GS (like I am trying to do with my iPhone 3G). I recommend a iPhone 3GS White. But that's because I like the white iPhone 3G ad iPhone 3GS's.
Message 10 of 14 (3,019 Views)
Tutor

Re: 3GS White or Black?

[ Edited ]

ive decided to go black. i rather wipe the phone instead of dirty getting stained on the phone. my cousin has the white one with a case on it and it still gets dirty and some of the dirty is stained on the phone now and it will not come out at all. thank u all for ur help i really appreciate it.

 

Message Edited by IAmKing on 07-29-2009 04:01:53 PM
Message 11 of 14 (967 Views)
Expert

Re: 3GS White or Black?

[ Edited ]

IAmKing wrote:

ive decided to go black. i rather wipe the phone instead of dirty getting stained on the phone. my cousin has the white one with a case on it and it still gets dirty and some of the dirty is stained on the phone now and it will not come out at all. thank u all for ur help i really appreciate it.

 

Message Edited by IAmKing on 07-29-2009 04:01:53 PM

 

Congrats, enjoy and let us know if we can be any other assitance.
Message Edited by Sheik HF1 on 07-29-2009 07:14:12 PM
Message 12 of 14 (960 Views)
Scholar

Re: 3GS White or Black?


Planet-Ed wrote:

 

There have been a couple (not many) that have stated their white iPhone turned a little pinkish due to heat.


Hey new color - pink!

Message 13 of 14 (941 Views)
Guru

Re: 3GS White or Black?


Planet-Ed wrote:

Most people get a case to protect it so most of the time it really doesn't matter unless you leave your device naked.  Get a good case and take whats in stock.

 

There have been a couple (not many) that have stated their white iPhone turned a little pinkish due to heat.


 

 

Discoloration is due to contact with some third-party cases and not associated with overheating. The discoloration reportedly can be removed by wiping the back of the iPhone with alcohol. Here is the LINK :smileywink:

Message 14 of 14 (936 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.