Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 3, 2011
5:57:34 PM
View profile
3GS IOS:4.1 & Hotmail

My phone died, so I had it replaced.  Only thing different is the OS version.  Hotmail will not send now, it says "the user name or password for SMTP:username@hotmail.com@smtp.live.com" is incorrect".  I can get my mail though?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

My phone died, so I had it replaced.  Only thing different is the OS version.  Hotmail will not send now, it says "the user name or password for SMTP:username@hotmail.com@smtp.live.com" is incorrect".  I can get my mail though?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

3GS IOS:4.1 & Hotmail

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2011 6:19:32 PM
(0)
Master

Did you restore the new phone using a backup or did you manually set up the email account on the phone?

Did you go into the setting and delete the hotmail account to try setting it up again?  

Instead of using "Other" when setting up the account, Hotmail now supports Exchange ActiveSync so you can get Push Mail.  You can give that a try.

Here are the settings for using Exchange Activesync so you can get push mail:

http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=6ae4b9c2-1c01-4e9c-bdc5-12da8728f4c2

Did you restore the new phone using a backup or did you manually set up the email account on the phone?

Did you go into the setting and delete the hotmail account to try setting it up again?  

Instead of using "Other" when setting up the account, Hotmail now supports Exchange ActiveSync so you can get Push Mail.  You can give that a try.

Here are the settings for using Exchange Activesync so you can get push mail:

http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=6ae4b9c2-1c01-4e9c-bdc5-12da8728f4c2

Re: 3GS IOS:4.1 & Hotmail

2 of 3 (812 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2011 9:46:12 PM
(0)
Employee

try usin cwmx.com as your outgoing mail server. it's at&t's

try usin cwmx.com as your outgoing mail server. it's at&t's

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: 3GS IOS:4.1 & Hotmail

3 of 3 (600 Views)