Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 19, 2011
7:04:48 AM
View profile
3GMicroCell wireless light goes red

Frequently the light goes red and of course the cellular phones lose access. The GPS light remains solid green. I have two questions:

What typically causes this?

How do I log into the MicroCell and troubleshoot?

Frequently the light goes red and of course the cellular phones lose access. The GPS light remains solid green. I have two questions:

3GMicroCell wireless light goes red

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 10:06:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

cmncnts wrote:

I've never seen the light go red, only blink repeatedly but the result is the same. You've lost 3G with AT&T. I'm assuming all the other lights are green, power, internet, GPS. You'll need to provide a little more information for us to help you. What is your setup? Are you within 2 feet of a window with a view of the sky, any other devices close the MicroCell that can interfere? etc.

The MicroCell is a closed system so the user has absolutely no access to it. It's not like a router where you can login and troubleshoot.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

cmncnts wrote:

I've never seen the light go red, only blink repeatedly but the result is the same. You've lost 3G with AT&T. I'm assuming all the other lights are green, power, internet, GPS. You'll need to provide a little more information for us to help you. What is your setup? Are you within 2 feet of a window with a view of the sky, any other devices close the MicroCell that can interfere? etc.

The MicroCell is a closed system so the user has absolutely no access to it. It's not like a router where you can login and troubleshoot.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 3GMicroCell wireless light goes red

2 of 6 (2,827 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 3:27:15 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yes, all other lights are green but the "bars" light goes red and is flashes.

The device is on a window sill and has performed fine at this location for several months. The red flashing light is a new symptom. We have not added any other wireless devices to our home.

Yes, all other lights are green but the "bars" light goes red and is flashes.

The device is on a window sill and has performed fine at this location for several months. The red flashing light is a new symptom. We have not added any other wireless devices to our home.

3 of 6 (2,800 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 6:24:01 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Oct 26, 2011 at 6:24:43 PM

Have you tried to power down and power up the router and the Microcell?

Have you tried to power down and power up the router and the Microcell?

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (2,795 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2012 7:44:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

I read through the string and tried the various suggestions to no avail.  I called AT&T and explained what I had tried, but it did not resolve the connectivity issue.  The customer service rep suggested deactivating the Microcell and re-activating it.  They also suggested replacing the DSL filter if it had not been replaced in the past 12-18 months.  I did both and the Microcel has been working for 2 days.

Upon re-activating the Microcell I learned that it wouldn't allow me to authorize non-AT&T cell numbers or my iPad...both of which I was able to do beforel. 

I read through the string and tried the various suggestions to no avail.  I called AT&T and explained what I had tried, but it did not resolve the connectivity issue.  The customer service rep suggested deactivating the Microcell and re-activating it.  They also suggested replacing the DSL filter if it had not been replaced in the past 12-18 months.  I did both and the Microcel has been working for 2 days.

Upon re-activating the Microcell I learned that it wouldn't allow me to authorize non-AT&T cell numbers or my iPad...both of which I was able to do beforel. 

5 of 6 (2,124 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2012 10:17:11 AM
(0)
Mentor

Did re-activating resolve your issue?

Did re-activating resolve your issue?

6 of 6 (1,983 Views)