3GMicroCell wireless light goes red

Contributor

3GMicroCell wireless light goes red

Frequently the light goes red and of course the cellular phones lose access. The GPS light remains solid green. I have two questions:

What typically causes this?

How do I log into the MicroCell and troubleshoot?

Message 1 of 6 (2,839 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: 3GMicroCell wireless light goes red

cmncnts wrote:

Frequently the light goes red and of course the cellular phones lose access. The GPS light remains solid green. I have two questions:

What typically causes this?

How do I log into the MicroCell and troubleshoot?

I've never seen the light go red, only blink repeatedly but the result is the same. You've lost 3G with AT&T. I'm assuming all the other lights are green, power, internet, GPS. You'll need to provide a little more information for us to help you. What is your setup? Are you within 2 feet of a window with a view of the sky, any other devices close the MicroCell that can interfere? etc.

The MicroCell is a closed system so the user has absolutely no access to it. It's not like a router where you can login and troubleshoot.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (2,834 Views)
Contributor

Yes, all other lights are green but the "bars" light goes red and is flashes.

The device is on a window sill and has performed fine at this location for several months. The red flashing light is a new symptom. We have not added any other wireless devices to our home.

Message 3 of 6 (2,807 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Have you tried to power down and power up the router and the Microcell?

Message 4 of 6 (2,802 Views)
Contributor

I read through the string and tried the various suggestions to no avail.  I called AT&T and explained what I had tried, but it did not resolve the connectivity issue.  The customer service rep suggested deactivating the Microcell and re-activating it.  They also suggested replacing the DSL filter if it had not been replaced in the past 12-18 months.  I did both and the Microcel has been working for 2 days.

Upon re-activating the Microcell I learned that it wouldn't allow me to authorize non-AT&T cell numbers or my iPad...both of which I was able to do beforel. 

Message 5 of 6 (2,131 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Did re-activating resolve your issue?

Message 6 of 6 (1,990 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.