Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 13, 2011
12:27:30 PM
View profile
3G light flashing red

My microcell was set up and working properly.  It never was within three feet of a window.  Lately it has been dropping calls so I performed a reboot of the modem, router, and microcell.  Today the cell phone is connecting through the microcell and working properly but I have a flashing red 3G light on the microcell.  Should I be concerned about this?  If so, what should I do now?

My microcell was set up and working properly.  It never was within three feet of a window.  Lately it has been dropping calls so I performed a reboot of the modem, router, and microcell.  Today the cell phone is connecting through the microcell and working properly but I have a flashing red 3G light on the microcell.  Should I be concerned about this?  If so, what should I do now?

3G light flashing red

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2011 1:59:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

eaglerock1 wrote:

A flashing red 3G light is not good. Something has caused your MicroCell to lose connectivity.  I know that doesn't make sense especially if your cell phone works and it says AT&T MicroCell or something like that on the screen. The flashing red 3G light is coming up a lot lately and I'm thinking that AT&T has done some sort of update (they usually do that in the middle of the night without prior notice) and there's something that the MicroCell didn't like about it. Mine did that about a week ago and a quick reboot solved the blinking red 3G light and it went back to solid green. The last time AT&T did an update that I knew about the 3G was blinking green, not red, so this is something new. I'd try to reboot one more time the entire system (MicroCell and internet connection) and see if that gets rid of the blinking red light and it goes back to green. That's what I did and it took about 10 minutes to regain full connectivity and green all the way down.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

eaglerock1 wrote:

A flashing red 3G light is not good. Something has caused your MicroCell to lose connectivity.  I know that doesn't make sense especially if your cell phone works and it says AT&T MicroCell or something like that on the screen. The flashing red 3G light is coming up a lot lately and I'm thinking that AT&T has done some sort of update (they usually do that in the middle of the night without prior notice) and there's something that the MicroCell didn't like about it. Mine did that about a week ago and a quick reboot solved the blinking red 3G light and it went back to solid green. The last time AT&T did an update that I knew about the 3G was blinking green, not red, so this is something new. I'd try to reboot one more time the entire system (MicroCell and internet connection) and see if that gets rid of the blinking red light and it goes back to green. That's what I did and it took about 10 minutes to regain full connectivity and green all the way down.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 3G light flashing red

2 of 3 (2,165 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2011 7:12:35 AM
(0)
Contributor

Same issue here. The microcell worked fine for well over a year and then suddenly I started getting the red blinking 3G light a few weeks ago, right around the time others started reporting the same issue. Seems pretty obvious that AT&T pushed some kind of software update to the microcell that didn't go very well. Hopefully they'll figure it out and push another update to correct it.

Same issue here. The microcell worked fine for well over a year and then suddenly I started getting the red blinking 3G light a few weeks ago, right around the time others started reporting the same issue. Seems pretty obvious that AT&T pushed some kind of software update to the microcell that didn't go very well. Hopefully they'll figure it out and push another update to correct it.

Re: 3G light flashing red

3 of 3 (1,830 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments