3G Microcell has performed horribly since purchased 1 year ago!

Tutor

3G Microcell has performed horribly since purchased 1 year ago!

Whenever a call successfully goes though (which ususally requires multiple redials), then whenever I'm on a call the persons on the other end of the line constantly complain that I'm cutting in and out (like a distorted voice, or sometimes as if I were in a submarine). This seems to occur every 5-10 mintues. I have 2 microcells, one in LA and one in NYC. Both have100% reliable internet connections and none of my other internet services have any issues. Just these microcells. I've seen everyone else complain of the same problem (failed calls, flakey connection etc). When is At&t going to fix this problem???

Message 1 of 7 (1,831 Views)
Contributor

Re: 3G Microcell has performed horribly since purchased 1 year ago!

I feel that it has never been that good on my cell either. Intermittent loss, dropped calls, one or two bars, etc.

Message 2 of 7 (1,694 Views)
ACE - Master

spaternot wrote:

Whenever a call successfully goes though (which ususally requires multiple redials), then whenever I'm on a call the persons on the other end of the line constantly complain that I'm cutting in and out (like a distorted voice, or sometimes as if I were in a submarine). This seems to occur every 5-10 mintues. I have 2 microcells, one in LA and one in NYC. Both have100% reliable internet connections and none of my other internet services have any issues. Just these microcells. I've seen everyone else complain of the same problem (failed calls, flakey connection etc). When is At&t going to fix this problem???

There are just way too many variables to determine what the exact problem is, and it seems to vary from service area to service area. We have no problems at all with our MicroCell ( 2 Samsungs, 3 iPhone 3GSs, 1 iPhone 4, and various other phones for friends who share our connection when over), either with calls made, received, or messaging. However, we are definitely in the minority. A robust inet connection, better than average speeds (up and down), no interfering devices, port forwarding, dedicated ip address to the MicroCell, closeness to the towers, position in the house, etc are all factors that can affect reliability. For us, we have very fast DSL connection, port forwarding, dedicated ip address to the MicroCell, no other devices connected to the router via ethernet, no interference, and the connection is normal mode (not priority mode). Probably an overkill with the port forwarding but it works, even after updates, so I'm not going to mess with it. AT&T can't fix what they don't understand.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7 (1,688 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

After 2 weeks and huge amounts of hold time, I was told by AT&T tech service that there is a KNOWN problem with the new I-phone operating System (Ver. 5) and until Apple fixes their operating system the 3g microcells are mostly paperweights (they didn't call it a paperweight, but they did wash their hands of any responsibility)
Message 4 of 7 (1,663 Views)
Teacher

Need to voice your problem with Apple as I and others have done. Apple is ware of this. There is a couple of post regarding this already.

Message 5 of 7 (1,604 Views)
Tutor

I have HTC Inspire Android, Comcast cable, in N. IL...  I can, if lucky, talk for as many as 10 mins. before the call is dropped.  Usually 3-4 mins. and I drop out...  The folks on the other end say they can't hear me, only getting every 3rd or 4th word, etc.  I can hear them just fine.  So, I'm very glad for unlimited texting, as talking usually doesn't last long!!  And, matters not the other service provider...

Message 6 of 7 (1,530 Views)
ACE - Master

irked99 wrote:
After 2 weeks and huge amounts of hold time, I was told by AT&T tech service that there is a KNOWN problem with the new I-phone operating System (Ver. 5) and until Apple fixes their operating system the 3g microcells are mostly paperweights (they didn't call it a paperweight, but they did wash their hands of any responsibility)

AT&T blames Apple, Apple blames Cisco, and Cisco blames AT&T. FWIW, we have 2 iPhone 3Gs and 1 iPhone 4 in the family. A niece has an iPhone 4 as well and none of them have any problems with our MicroCell.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7 (1,522 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.