Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 28, 2011
4:09:24 AM
3G Microcell down this morning?
Edited by BoxerBoi76 on Apr 28, 2011 at 4:11:56 AM

Anyone having issues with their 3G Microcell?  Although my phone indicates it's connected to my 3G Microcell I'm receiving constant "cannot activate cellular data network" messages on my iPhone.  When attempting to make a call, it switches from the 3G Microcell to the Tower based network.  I've unplugged my Microcell and left it off for five minutes, powered it on and still have the same issue.  No issues on my PC or with my DSL network connection.

???

~B

Anyone having issues with their 3G Microcell?  Although my phone indicates it's connected to my 3G Microcell I'm receiving constant "cannot activate cellular data network" messages on my iPhone.  When attempting to make a call, it switches from the 3G Microcell to the Tower based network.  I've unplugged my Microcell and left it off for five minutes, powered it on and still have the same issue.  No issues on my PC or with my DSL network connection.

???

~B

3G Microcell down this morning?

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2011 7:56:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

BoxerBoi76 wrote:

???

~B

Are any of the lights blinking on your MicroCell? You probably got updated in the middle of the night which is common for AT&T. I'm assuming your iPhone works just fine outside of your house. When I lost my MC after an update, the only way I could re-establish a solid connection like I had before the update was to assign a premanent ip address to the MC based on the MCs MAC address and do port forwarding (which I'm still not convinced is, or was necessary). Some folks have had luck setting up the MC in priority mode: modem -> MicroCell -> router.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

BoxerBoi76 wrote:

???

~B

Are any of the lights blinking on your MicroCell? You probably got updated in the middle of the night which is common for AT&T. I'm assuming your iPhone works just fine outside of your house. When I lost my MC after an update, the only way I could re-establish a solid connection like I had before the update was to assign a premanent ip address to the MC based on the MCs MAC address and do port forwarding (which I'm still not convinced is, or was necessary). Some folks have had luck setting up the MC in priority mode: modem -> MicroCell -> router.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 3G Microcell down this morning?

2 of 3 (337 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2011 3:44:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

No blinking lights, all four are solid!  Something happened because I had nothing but "cannot activate cellular data network" with just about everything I tried to do on my iPhone 4 yet my DSL was fine.  I hard reset my iPhone 4 and powered off the MCell yet the issue persisted.

It's fine this afternoon however.  Just wish I could improve my ping times when connected to the MCell via my iPhone 4.

~B

No blinking lights, all four are solid!  Something happened because I had nothing but "cannot activate cellular data network" with just about everything I tried to do on my iPhone 4 yet my DSL was fine.  I hard reset my iPhone 4 and powered off the MCell yet the issue persisted.

It's fine this afternoon however.  Just wish I could improve my ping times when connected to the MCell via my iPhone 4.

~B

Re: 3G Microcell down this morning?

3 of 3 (300 Views)