3G Microcell and Samsung Galaxy S2 SkyRocket

Tutor

3G Microcell and Samsung Galaxy S2 SkyRocket

Ok.. now that I have a Samsun Galaxy S2 SkyRocket.  I am not able to use the 3G Microcell with the phone.  I STILL lives in an area where I have completely NO SIGNAL, I am still dependent on the 3G Microcell to make and recieve calls.  Right now I barely get 1 to 2 bars, so I know I am not connected to the MicroCell... and I even have try to make phone calls while WATCHING my router indicator port and it doesn't indicate any happening while I am making a call and finally my phone never say 3G Microcell anymore (when I had the Samsung Galaxy S2 it would say 3G Microcell).

Now this phone supposed to fall back to HSPA+/EDGE when there is no LTE, which it's doing.  But since it's NOT connecting to the microcell is it because of the APN or the actual phone's modem doesn't know how to handshake with the 3G Micrcell?

I need a fix for this.  I hope it's just APN, I just haven't tried.

Message 1 of 7 (4,143 Views)
Contributor

Re: 3G Microcell and Samsung Galaxy S2 SkyRocket

has anyone found a fix for this? i am having the same issue.
Message 2 of 7 (3,917 Views)
Tutor

the issue is probably, and i reserver the right to be wrong, is that the Samsung Galaxy S2 is a 4G phone.

is there a way to 'force' the Samsung Galaxy S2  to run in 3G mode?

Message 3 of 7 (3,907 Views)
Tutor

My wife and I both have Galaxy s2 Skyrockets and ours work with the 3G Microcell just great. When we use to have the comcast modem none of our phones would work right, I gave it back to them and bought this one on ebay http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/support/modem_DPC2100.html#~userguides for $35 and now all our phones work great, no prblems.

Message 4 of 7 (3,847 Views)
Mentor

My Skyrocket works as well, however, the phone will not connect automatically.  I simply put the phone in/out of airplane mode to connect to the MicroCell.

Message 5 of 7 (3,534 Views)
Contributor

I am also having problems with the Galaxy S2.  It drops the connection with the 3GMicrocell any time the phone sits idle for several hours.  If I power off and wait five minutes and power on, it will see the microcell again.  Anyone else experiencing this problem? 

When connected it gets 5 bars and works beautifully. It just drops the connection when it sits idle for several hours.  ATT is totally baffled and has not been able to find a solution yet. 

Message 6 of 7 (3,450 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Once I got the signal bar to stay green, I was able to connect my skyrocket by putting it in airplane mode and then taking it out. It amazes me that there is no troubleshooting, or reset guide for the microcell on att's microcell website but it is att and I wouldn't expect anything else.

Message 7 of 7 (2,553 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.