3G/Media Net - How do I know it's connected? Samsung Flight II

Contributor

3G/Media Net - How do I know it's connected? Samsung Flight II

I just bought my kids the Flight II. They know they are not to use Media Net. What I don't know is how can they tell whether they've connected by accident? The phone has said 3G in the left hand corner since it was turned on, so I don't think that's it. I'm an iPhone user, so I'm clueless. Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 2 (822 Views)
Master

Re: 3G/Media Net - How do I know it's connected? Samsung Flight II

The best thing you can do if you don't want your kids to access the MediaNet is to call ATT and have them place a data block on the line(s).  This will prevent all data charges.  However this will also prevent MMS/Picture messaging (text messages will still work fine), so it could be a good thing or bad thing depending if you think your kids should be sending picture messages or not.

I haven't tried with that phone but you might be able to change the connection settings to something bogus so it cannot connect.  Like down at step 9 put the MediaNet Access Name to something like "wap.bogus" and the proxy address to something like "wireless.bogus.com:80

Message 2 of 2 (784 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.