$30 Unlimited Data For Iphone on Verizon.

Teacher

$30 Unlimited Data For Iphone on Verizon.

I know there are people who hate Iphone on Verizon but I love it

At&T: Pay $15 get 200MB

Pay $25 get 2GB   [Compare above 2 plans...what a rip-off if we choose $15 plan.]

Verizon $30 - Unlimited DATA and very good network coverage

I hate to be AT&T customer[which I am for 3 years] but I had no other choice because I love Iphone. Now I am free to go Verizon...good bye AT&T

I am hoping AT&T atleast update $15 budget plan so that we get 500MB or more...

Come on AT&T you made enough money with Iphone, it's time to give back something to loyal customers....

Message 1 of 83
Highlighted
Professor

Re: $30 Unlimited Data For Iphone on Verizon.

iFrosty wrote:

It would make sense that the 3g users are the ones who may jump first but it also doesnt. If i recall (assuming they all have unlimited data already) Verizon is charging $50 dollars more for the iphone 4? So instead of paying lets say $199, they would be paying $249. Unless ATT is not good in their area i dont think $50 extra for a phone is worth it since on ATT you can simultaneously use data. <- There are so mant factors for this scenario

I do feel bad for the 3g users (that the iphone i had before the 4) since they are no longer receiving iOS updates which makes the incentive to upgrade IMO necessary.

The ViPhone is only $50 higher if you pay the full retail price and for right now, only if you purchase from Verizon.  Apple is still charging $599/$699.  The 2 year contract price is still $199/$299.
Message 46 of 83
Teacher

I know it.... AT&T offering $30 unlimited Data plan to customers who had unlimited data plan before and cancelled it..

that's why I love competition ...otherwise At&T never care about customers...

** IF ** verizon introduces tier dataplan[$15, $25] along with unlimted dataplan[$30] then I would like to see how At&T responds.  I am hoping 1GB for $15 from Verizon [hoping someone at verizon know maths because if u get 2GB for $25 then u should give at least 1GB for $15 (FORGET about many users use less than 200MB crap)]

Message 47 of 83
ACE - Professor

mar0987 wrote:

I know it.... AT&T offering $30 unlimited Data plan to customers who had unlimited data plan before and cancelled it..

** IF ** verizon introduces tier dataplan[$15, $25] along with unlimted dataplan[$30] then I would like to see how At&T responds.  I am hoping 1GB for $15 from Verizon [hoping someone at verizon know maths because if u get 2GB for $25 then u should give at least 1GB for $15 (FORGET about many users use less than 200MB crap)]

I'm betting not on the 1G for $15 on VZ. I'm betting exactly what AT&T offers.

So, hey, tell me, if 2GB is crap, why is 1GB ok? Isn't that still not enough? Why not unlimited data for $5?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 48 of 83
Contributor

2GB is a rip off

Message 49 of 83
ACE - Professor

rasharef wrote:

2GB is a rip off

Based on what?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 50 of 83
Mentor

I haven't made up my mind where I want to go to purchase my iPhone 4 and/or potentially iPhone 5(depends what carrier and when/if the iPhone 5 comes out).

I kinda love the drama going on between the two Apple boards...

AT&T users crying about the $15 plan, and there is no unlimited plan

Verizon users crying about the unlimited plan and wished they had the $15 plan like AT&T

Message 51 of 83
Teacher

Because most of the people want smart phone....,and to use it, they have to buy a Data plan. So if you make Data plan as mandatory [because to fully utilize the functionality of smart phone.... but PERSONALLY I don't care because I can connect to my home WI-FI and explore more options.. i really don't need Data plan but still have to pay $15 minimum]  

$15/month, give them something they can enjoy atleast...

$15 for 200Mb.....does not make any sense for me when compare with $25 2GB and $30 unlimited... 

Message 52 of 83
Teacher

I love $15 plan... but wish we get ATLEAST 500MB instead 200MB crap

Message 53 of 83
Explorer

SIL has an android on Verizon and I have my iPhone 4 on ATT. We ran speedtest on them last night.

Her Verizon download was 745kbps my ATT was 3589kbps.

I will be with ATT for a long while.

Message 54 of 83
Guru

Albert Lea wrote:

Her Verizon download was 745kbps my ATT was 3589kbps.

I will be with ATT for a long while.

LOL if people could get those kinds of speeds everywhere that AT&T has 3G coverage, I would think more folks would be happy w/ AT&T, rather than complaining about how their 3G speeds are really { word filter evasion } and/or 3G coverage and/or signal strength is less than adequate.  Shoot--at my house I'd be lucky to get even 1000 kbps...most of the time I get around 7-800 kbps...and no, I don't live out in the boonies.

Message 55 of 83
ACE - Professor

tonester wrote:

Shoot--at my house I'd be lucky to get even 1000 kbps...most of the time I get around 7-800 kbps...and no, I don't live out in the boonies.

Weird... at my house I use wifi and my 12/2 broadband. My speeds are, well, 12/2. It's quite snappy. I also don't live in the boonies.

Why would anyone use 3G at home where they've got broadband available?

Message 56 of 83
Master

Seriously dude, Verizon ALREADY HAS tiered data plans for other devices.  Check out http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=planFirst&action=viewPlanList&sortOption=pr... if you don't believe me.

Are you sitting down?  Verizon's $15 plan gives you a whopping 150MB.  It's worse than AT&T's plan.  I can keep hoping that unicorns are real and that rainbows taste like cotton candy, but that doesn't mean those dreams will come true.

mar0987 wrote:

Message 57 of 83
Master

Dude, how many times are you going to repeat this mantra?  Are you hoping that by saying it, ad nauseum, that it'll actually occur?

mar0987 wrote:

I love $15 plan... but wish we get ATLEAST 500MB instead 200MB crap

Message 58 of 83
Teacher

I am making my point by repeating it....anyway, I don't care about $15 plan(I have unlimited plan).  More over, my contract ends soon so bye byee AT&T

Also, my response was for the following comment

I haven't made up my mind where I want to go to purchase my iPhone 4 and/or potentially iPhone 5(depends what carrier and when/if the iPhone 5 comes out).

I kinda love the drama going on between the two Apple boards...

Verizon users crying about the unlimited plan and wished they had the $15 plan like AT&T

Message 59 of 83
ACE - Professor

mar0987 wrote:

I am making my point by repeating it....

You're repeating misinformation though. There is a tiny window where VZ will allow a group of people to get "unlimited" data, and then they will close that window and have tiered plans that are virtually identical to AT&Ts. So, once they attract as many people from AT&T as they want/can, and lock them into a two year contract, the two carriers will have nearly identical offerings and the differentiator will only be the networks - GSM with data+voice at the same time, CDMA with better rural coverage.

No one is ever going to have a $15 plan that provides any usable amount of data - it's there so that people who don't hardly ever use data can still get an iPhone or other smartphone, not so that people can save $10-$20 and get half as much data as the full price data plan.

Message 60 of 83
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support