Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 18, 2012
7:33:18 AM
$30 = 3,000MB (3GB) So Why Doesn't $15 = 1,500MB (1.5GB) - Tired of 200MB Data Plan :(

I'm confused as to why the At&t data plans seem to be tiered unfairly.

A few times, I've found myself approaching the limit for my $15 200mb data plan near the end of the month.

The 3GB (3,000mb) plan for $30 would be wayyyyy more than I need.

I really don't understand why the $15 plan which is half the cost of the $30 data plan isn't entitled to half of the data.

It would even help if going over the 200mb one month would bump me up to the $30 3GB plan for that month rather than getting charged another $15 for another tiny 200mb block.

I haven't gone over yet, but I'm not looking forward to paying $30 for less than 400mb of data.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

----------------------------------

Oh and another rant. Why is unlimited messaging the only option?

The two of us on our family plan use about 300-500 text / picture messages each per month at a total cost of $30.

The old $10 for 1000 text/picture/video would cost us $20 total for a savings of $10 with still way more texts than we need each month.

<sigh>

To At&t's defense, my SG SII phone and internet do work really well in most places. While my friend with a Sprint unlimited plan and Nexus phone has reception and data problems.

I'm confused as to why the At&t data plans seem to be tiered unfairly.

A few times, I've found myself approaching the limit for my $15 200mb data plan near the end of the month.

The 3GB (3,000mb) plan for $30 would be wayyyyy more than I need.

I really don't understand why the $15 plan which is half the cost of the $30 data plan isn't entitled to half of the data.

It would even help if going over the 200mb one month would bump me up to the $30 3GB plan for that month rather than getting charged another $15 for another tiny 200mb block.

I haven't gone over yet, but I'm not looking forward to paying $30 for less than 400mb of data.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

----------------------------------

Oh and another rant. Why is unlimited messaging the only option?

The two of us on our family plan use about 300-500 text / picture messages each per month at a total cost of $30.

The old $10 for 1000 text/picture/video would cost us $20 total for a savings of $10 with still way more texts than we need each month.

<sigh>

To At&t's defense, my SG SII phone and internet do work really well in most places. While my friend with a Sprint unlimited plan and Nexus phone has reception and data problems.

$30 = 3,000MB (3GB) So Why Doesn't $15 = 1,500MB (1.5GB) - Tired of 200MB Data Plan :(

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2012 8:38:59 PM
(0)
Professor
I second it. It's about time for AT&T to take the lead in promoting the conservation of bandwidth.
I second it. It's about time for AT&T to take the lead in promoting the conservation of bandwidth.

Re: $30 = 3,000MB (3GB) So Why Doesn't $15 = 1,500MB (1.5GB) - Tired of 200MB Data Plan :(

2 of 7 (1,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2012 8:30:25 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on May 19, 2012 at 8:31:59 AM

ilikewireless wrote:

shared data palns are coming, there is the conservation for you

As with all purchases, the more units you buy the lower the price price unit is, same principle works here

ilikewireless wrote:

shared data palns are coming, there is the conservation for you

As with all purchases, the more units you buy the lower the price price unit is, same principle works here

Re: $30 = 3,000MB (3GB) So Why Doesn't $15 = 1,500MB (1.5GB) - Tired of 200MB Data Plan :(

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (1,445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2012 10:19:12 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on May 19, 2012 at 10:24:50 AM

With all purchases? You are right mostly. In my region, the electric utilities charge more for the last block of energy than the first block.

With all purchases? You are right mostly. In my region, the electric utilities charge more for the last block of energy than the first block.

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (1,430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2012 11:42:01 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on May 19, 2012 at 11:46:17 AM

ilikewireless wrote:

industry does get a break on utility rates depending on the amount at is consumed, their per kilowatt hour cost is less then residential

ilikewireless wrote:

industry does get a break on utility rates depending on the amount at is consumed, their per kilowatt hour cost is less then residential

[ Edited ]
5 of 7 (1,421 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2012 12:19:56 PM
(0)
Professor
You are right in that comparison of commercial and residential customers. Comparing a high use residential and a low use residential customer, you can see that the high use customer pays more per kilowatt-hour than a low use customer.

Do you get a better deal with business cell phones compared to non-business cell phones?
You are right in that comparison of commercial and residential customers. Comparing a high use residential and a low use residential customer, you can see that the high use customer pays more per kilowatt-hour than a low use customer.

Do you get a better deal with business cell phones compared to non-business cell phones?

6 of 7 (1,414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2012 1:57:48 PM
(0)
Expert

ilikewireless wrote:

yes, pay less for the subsidized cost and the rates are lower, just depends on the contract negotiations

ilikewireless wrote:

yes, pay less for the subsidized cost and the rates are lower, just depends on the contract negotiations

7 of 7 (1,400 Views)