2nd email account won't set-up

Scholar

2nd email account won't set-up

I am trying to set-up a 2nd email account in my 3GS   OS 4.3.3.  I enter all the information and it can't connect.  I think I know the problem but am unsure how to correct it.  The iPhone thinks that the email address I am using is an IMAP account but it really is a POP3.  How do I make my phone aware of that.  Again, all information I have entered such as server names, passwords, etc. are verified and they are all correct.

Help please... Bob

Message 1 of 3 (285 Views)
Master

Re: 2nd email account won't set-up

Agunat wrote:

I am trying to set-up a 2nd email account in my 3GS   OS 4.3.3.  I enter all the information and it can't connect.  I think I know the problem but am unsure how to correct it.  The iPhone thinks that the email address I am using is an IMAP account but it really is a POP3.  How do I make my phone aware of that.  Again, all information I have entered such as server names, passwords, etc. are verified and they are all correct.

Help please... Bob

Who are you trying to connect to?  Are you using "Other"?  You should then be able to change any automatically set settings.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 3 (279 Views)
Scholar

Re: 2nd email account won't set-up

I am using  "other" but it keeps cpming up IMAP not POP3 and I don'tsee how to change it.

Bob

Message 3 of 3 (264 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.