Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 12, 2011
6:44:06 PM
View profile
2nd email account won't set-up

I am trying to set-up a 2nd email account in my 3GS   OS 4.3.3.  I enter all the information and it can't connect.  I think I know the problem but am unsure how to correct it.  The iPhone thinks that the email address I am using is an IMAP account but it really is a POP3.  How do I make my phone aware of that.  Again, all information I have entered such as server names, passwords, etc. are verified and they are all correct.

Help please... Bob

I am trying to set-up a 2nd email account in my 3GS   OS 4.3.3.  I enter all the information and it can't connect.  I think I know the problem but am unsure how to correct it.  The iPhone thinks that the email address I am using is an IMAP account but it really is a POP3.  How do I make my phone aware of that.  Again, all information I have entered such as server names, passwords, etc. are verified and they are all correct.

Help please... Bob

2nd email account won't set-up

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2011 7:02:02 PM
(0)
Master

Agunat wrote:

Help please... Bob

Who are you trying to connect to?  Are you using "Other"?  You should then be able to change any automatically set settings.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Agunat wrote:

Help please... Bob

Who are you trying to connect to?  Are you using "Other"?  You should then be able to change any automatically set settings.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: 2nd email account won't set-up

2 of 3 (274 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2011 2:28:40 AM
(0)
Scholar

I am using  "other" but it keeps cpming up IMAP not POP3 and I don'tsee how to change it.

Bob

I am using  "other" but it keeps cpming up IMAP not POP3 and I don'tsee how to change it.

Bob

Re: 2nd email account won't set-up

3 of 3 (259 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments