2nd SIM card?

Contributor

2nd SIM card?

Spoiler

Like most, I have gome to mobile phone only. When I am inside my all metal hangar, no coverage. Lately I have been working inside the hangar a lot with no way for my daughters to contact me. Not good.

Is it possible to get a second SIM card. I have a fixed station phone that would support an outside antenna, I would like to use; but don't want the wear & tear on the phones and/or sim card with a lot of changing.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (1,146 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: 2nd SIM card?

Unfortunately unlike some European carriers no US carriers support multiple SIM cards connected to the same phone number, so it is not possible to do what you'd like.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (1,137 Views)
Contributor

In that case, what is the least expensive, non-AT&T, cell phone/voice plan, I can buy that has a SIM card (GSM) and I will just forward my numer into the hangar.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4 (1,134 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Generally speaking prepaid plans are the cheapest to own, but depending on the amount of calls you receive may cost more. If you have a family plan with AT&T and are not at maximum lines already a new line will cost you about $12-13 (after taxes and fees) on top of what you pay now.
The overall cheapest is T-Mobile To Go plan which once you put a $100 in allows you to maintain it for $10/year.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (1,038 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.