2ND DAY AIR UPS

2ND DAY AIR UPS

On 7/10 I ordered 2 iPhone4 16g at the store.

The rep who processed my order told me they have to do 2 separate orders, so now I have 2 order numbers and 2 UPS tracking numbers on hand. Both phones will be shipped to the store whereI placed the orders.

One of the order seems to be already picked up and on UPS system (original scan, TX).

The other order is not picked up yet, UPS tracking info just says billing info received.

So... how does the UPS 2nd day air work? Does today count as "first day" since it was picked up at 7am central I believe, and will get to the store by tomorrow?

And these phones are for NEW family plan account, if one phone gets to the store before the other, do I have to wait until the other phone gets there to pick them up?

One more question, since my phones are getting shipped to the store (business location) does UPS deliver on Saturday like Fedex does?

I'm sorry for all these questions, I'm just really excited and frustrated at the same time Smiley Happy

I was expecting Fedex overnight, just like everyone else, and have no personal experience with UPS 2nd day air...

Message 1 of 19 (1,979 Views)
Scholar

Re: 2ND DAY AIR UPS

phoneless4weeks wrote:

On 7/10 I ordered 2 iPhone4 16g at the store.

The rep who processed my order told me they have to do 2 separate orders, so now I have 2 order numbers and 2 UPS tracking numbers on hand. Both phones will be shipped to the store whereI placed the orders.

One of the order seems to be already picked up and on UPS system (original scan, TX).

The other order is not picked up yet, UPS tracking info just says billing info received.

So... how does the UPS 2nd day air work? Does today count as "first day" since it was picked up at 7am central I believe, and will get to the store by tomorrow?

And these phones are for NEW family plan account, if one phone gets to the store before the other, do I have to wait until the other phone gets there to pick them up?

One more question, since my phones are getting shipped to the store (business location) does UPS deliver on Saturday like Fedex does?

I'm sorry for all these questions, I'm just really excited and frustrated at the same time Smiley Happy

I was expecting Fedex overnight, just like everyone else, and have no personal experience with UPS 2nd day air...

I believe 2nd Day Air works like this...  Order out today, in transit tomorrow, delivered Saturday

Message 2 of 19 (1,947 Views)
Scholar

They don't ship on Saturday unless the shipper paid for it I think.

Message 3 of 19 (1,918 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I HOPE I'll have the phones by tomorrow, if UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday, and not just me, anyone else who got theirs shipped with UPS.

I don't think I can wait until Monday. That would be torture lol.

Anyone know why they switched from Fedex overnight to UPS 2nd day???

Message 4 of 19 (1,913 Views)
Mentor

they DO NOT deliver on saturday. your gonna have to wait till monday. same with me Smiley Sad. when you check your tracking  it tells you what day itll come. mine says monday, shipped early this morning. 

Message 5 of 19 (1,904 Views)
Teacher

since yours is like mine and one says that it was scanned in texas and is in transit it will be here tomorrow. 

Message 6 of 19 (1,902 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ Rameez77 That sucks!!!

It's odd, mine doesn't say ANYTHING about the estimate delivery date.

One just says "In Transit" and the other one says "Billing info Received"...

The thought of the phones sitting in my local UPS facility over the weeked just because they don't deliver on saturday is very depressing Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 19 (1,885 Views)
Mentor

luck you..i wont have mine till monday for some reason.. 

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 07/26/2010.

Location Date Local Time DescriptionWhat's This?

FORT WORTH, TX, US07/22/20106:44 A.M.ORIGIN SCAN
US07/22/20107:42 A.M.BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Message 8 of 19 (1,880 Views)
Mentor

and yes, its heart breaking Smiley Sad 

Message 9 of 19 (1,873 Views)
Mentor

I also think this UPS switch up sucks. My iPhone shipped out on the 20th with 2nd day and the initial delivery date was for the 22nd. When I check the status later in the day on the 21st it then said that the package would deliver on the 21st which was bogus because the AT&T store was already closed. And now its suppose to be delivered today (again). But I have a feeling it won't be delivered until the end of the day forcing me to pick the phone up tomorrow. I thought the wait was over when I got off back order. Silly me.
Message 10 of 19 (1,836 Views)
Mentor

@Ashy i feel your pain..they should have stuck with fedex lol..well hopefully you get it today! good luck!!! 

Message 11 of 19 (1,303 Views)
Mentor

Will UPS deliver early if it doesnt take the full 2 days to get to your location??

Message 12 of 19 (1,269 Views)
Voyager

Hey all,  I posted this in another thread but when I saw my phone was being shipped via UPS 2nd Day Air, I called AT&T to ask why and of course they didn't have any answer other than they're utilizing all possible means to get the phones out to the customers.  As a consolation, they offered to waive my activation fee so it may be worth it to give them a call.  Still no phone til Monday though. Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 19 (1,260 Views)

I guess if your having it shipped direct to your home then you may be able to pick up from your UPS location on the saturday rather then wait for Monday delivery. I.. on the other hand am stuck, delivery is to my AT & T store so no chance I get to pick it up. Guess I am gonna have to wait until monday Smiley Mad  Unless.. by some miracle, UPS delivers it to the store tomorrowSmiley Very Happy likley at all????

Message 14 of 19 (1,234 Views)
Mentor

my friend who works at a UPS Store told me that 2nd Day air if shipped by thursday morning ship on Saturdays....

Message 15 of 19 (1,214 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.