Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 23, 2010
10:38:18 PM
View profile
25% restocking fee??!!!!

I bought a blackberry 20 days ago from an at&t rep. This guy presude me that I got a very good deal, but, in fact, I got a bill which was astronomically high. so Iwant to return this cellphone. But I found that the custom receipt show that I need to pay 25 % restocking fee on full retail price of the cellphne! This really freak me out. Do I need to pay this fee? or, it is just a fraud. Thank you!

I bought a blackberry 20 days ago from an at&t rep. This guy presude me that I got a very good deal, but, in fact, I got a bill which was astronomically high. so Iwant to return this cellphone. But I found that the custom receipt show that I need to pay 25 % restocking fee on full retail price of the cellphne! This really freak me out. Do I need to pay this fee? or, it is just a fraud. Thank you!

25% restocking fee??!!!!

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2010 5:27:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

timeolder wrote:

It was on the receipt, it is not fraud. You need to know and read what you are signing.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

timeolder wrote:

It was on the receipt, it is not fraud. You need to know and read what you are signing.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 25% restocking fee??!!!!

3 of 9 (724 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 11:27:20 PM
(0)
Professor

Did you get that phone from an actual AT&T corporate store, or a reseller store (that sells AT&T equipment and service)? Some of those will give you amazing deals, but they'll tack on outrageous restocking fees or extra termination fees too. 

Did you get that phone from an actual AT&T corporate store, or a reseller store (that sells AT&T equipment and service)? Some of those will give you amazing deals, but they'll tack on outrageous restocking fees or extra termination fees too. 

Posted from my iPhone 4. Look at me I'm hot and nerdy.

2 of 9 (733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2010 7:17:51 AM
(0)
Professor

Why dont you call customer care and check whats on your bill and try to understand that. Because if you can figure out the bill, then maybe you can keep the service? Dont freak out and just cancel, its not going to make the bill go away and its not going to help you learn how this stuff works in the future.

Why dont you call customer care and check whats on your bill and try to understand that. Because if you can figure out the bill, then maybe you can keep the service? Dont freak out and just cancel, its not going to make the bill go away and its not going to help you learn how this stuff works in the future.

4 of 9 (723 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2010 11:33:47 AM
(0)
Guru

First bill breakdown:

Full montly recurring charges billed in advance for the following month

Activation fees

Prorated charges for the services for the amount of time that they were active from the date of activation, to the end of the bill cycle.

The first bill is always higher than what the normal monthly bill will be. The first bill you recieved should have contained a packet that explained how to read the bill, so that you have a better understanding of the charges and where to look for them. And your customer service summary that you left the store with, would have given you an estimate of the charges that would appear on the first statement.

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.

First bill breakdown:

Full montly recurring charges billed in advance for the following month

Activation fees

Prorated charges for the services for the amount of time that they were active from the date of activation, to the end of the bill cycle.

The first bill is always higher than what the normal monthly bill will be. The first bill you recieved should have contained a packet that explained how to read the bill, so that you have a better understanding of the charges and where to look for them. And your customer service summary that you left the store with, would have given you an estimate of the charges that would appear on the first statement.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

5 of 9 (700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2011 7:25:56 PM
(0)
Tutor
The customer service summary is not even mentioned or shown to the customer in the store. It comes to the buyer via email after he walks out, when the sale is final. If he walks back into the store to change his mind, he will pay a $35 restocking fee on each phone he just purchased. If buying from a competitor, or even its own competitor: AT&T online, there is no re-stocking fee at all.
The customer service summary is not even mentioned or shown to the customer in the store. It comes to the buyer via email after he walks out, when the sale is final. If he walks back into the store to change his mind, he will pay a $35 restocking fee on each phone he just purchased. If buying from a competitor, or even its own competitor: AT&T online, there is no re-stocking fee at all.

6 of 9 (604 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2011 12:34:11 AM
(0)
Employee

the customer service summary is present at the time of purchase at not only at&t stores but also at the radioshack store myself and friends have started service with,

the customer service summary is present at the time of purchase at not only at&t stores but also at the radioshack store myself and friends have started service with,

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 9 (593 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2011 2:00:48 PM
(0)
Scholar

bsieffer wrote:

All stores are not created equal.  I always get a customer service summary in the store.  

bsieffer wrote:

All stores are not created equal.  I always get a customer service summary in the store.  

8 of 9 (586 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2011 6:16:27 PM
(0)
Employee
You do get a customer service summary at the time of purchase in the store. If you purchase your device in a store and later chose to return or exchange it, then yes, there is a restocking fee.
You do get a customer service summary at the time of purchase in the store. If you purchase your device in a store and later chose to return or exchange it, then yes, there is a restocking fee.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

9 of 9 (576 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments