Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 18, 2011
8:47:24 AM
$2/day unlimited... When does the 24 hour period start?

Is your unlimited period 24 hours after you make a call, receive a call, or send or receive a text? Or does it go from midnight to midnight? Is it Eastern time? Or is it whatever my time zone is?

Is your unlimited period 24 hours after you make a call, receive a call, or send or receive a text? Or does it go from midnight to midnight? Is it Eastern time? Or is it whatever my time zone is?

$2/day unlimited... When does the 24 hour period start?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2011 2:36:52 PM
(0)
Scholar

Nihilistic1 wrote:
  1. Is your unlimited period 24 hours after you make a call, receive a call, or send or receive a text? Or does it go from midnight to midnight?
  2. Is it Eastern time? Or is it whatever my time zone is?

Excellent questions.  These are answered authoritatively on the Terms and Conditions of service (I do not remember exactly where)  This is my recollection which I believe accurate:

1. Midnight to midnight on the day of  first (trigger) use (including Voicemail access as there is no landline equivalent access for prepaid, and/or explicit forwarding when no-answer)
  2. Your time zone.  Straddling use across your timezone's midnight accounts for two days.

Others may add to this.

Nihilistic1 wrote:
  1. Is your unlimited period 24 hours after you make a call, receive a call, or send or receive a text? Or does it go from midnight to midnight?

Excellent questions.  These are answered authoritatively on the Terms and Conditions of service (I do not remember exactly where)  This is my recollection which I believe accurate:

1. Midnight to midnight on the day of  first (trigger) use (including Voicemail access as there is no landline equivalent access for prepaid, and/or explicit forwarding when no-answer)
  2. Your time zone.  Straddling use across your timezone's midnight accounts for two days.

Others may add to this.

Re: $2/day unlimited... When does the 24 hour period start?

2 of 3 (442 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2011 4:15:01 AM
(0)
Master

OnlytheShadowKnows wrote:

Nihilistic1 wrote:

Others may add to this.

Unless it's different for the $2/day plan or something has changed very recently, I'm able to retrieve my voice mails from another phone by calling my own number, hitting * to interrupt the voice mail greeting, and then entering my voice mail passcode to listen to the voice mail - all without incurring the $1/day charge for any voice use of the network.  (I'm still on the old $1/day with free MTM plan.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

OnlytheShadowKnows wrote:

Nihilistic1 wrote:

Others may add to this.

Unless it's different for the $2/day plan or something has changed very recently, I'm able to retrieve my voice mails from another phone by calling my own number, hitting * to interrupt the voice mail greeting, and then entering my voice mail passcode to listen to the voice mail - all without incurring the $1/day charge for any voice use of the network.  (I'm still on the old $1/day with free MTM plan.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Re: $2/day unlimited... When does the 24 hour period start?

3 of 3 (427 Views)