Ask a question

Posted Sep 10, 2010
    8:39:06 AM
    2 LITTLE GIGS. IS BULL

OK IM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT 2gigs ITS COOL FOR PPL THAT MAY NOT USE IT THAT MUCH. BUT IF YOU WANT UNLIMITED OR MAYBE 5 gig IT SHOULD BE OPTIONAL. i HAVE AN ATT AIR CARD $60 BUCKS FOR 5gigs AND TRUST ME ITS NOT ENOUGH. IF YOU GO TO DOWN LOADING APPS MUSIC ETC ETC YOU ARE GOING TO EAT THOSE GIGS UP. OK $25 FOR 2 MAYBE $35 FOR 5 AND $45 FOR UNLIMITED. THIS WAY YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU WANT. NOW PPL SAY WELL WHAT ABOUT TEATHERING. WELL I PAY $60 AMTH FOR 5gigs ON MY AIRCARD. IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE YOUR PHONE AS A MODEM THEN YOU SHOULD BE CHARGED THE SAME AS I AM(FAIR IS FAIR). ATT IS MAKING US PAY MORE FOR LESS. WE NEED TO SPEAK UP AND LET IT BE KNOWN THAT THIS IS REDICULOUSLY WRONG.

2 LITTLE GIGS. IS BULL

39 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (39)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 10:09:03 AM
    (0)
    Guru
    Edited by mightyjeeper on Sep 10, 2010 at 10:11:58 AM

Please don't type in all caps. And, what are you doing with the phone that you would need more than two gigs? I use pandora, iheartradio, youtube, facebook, myspace, twitter, geocaching apps, google and other, and use them extensively throughout the month and have never gone over 2gs even with the unlimited plan (i calculated it over a period of the last eight months before switching)

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Re: 2 LITTLE GIGS. IS BULL

[ Edited ]
    2 of 40 (452 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 12:15:48 PM
    (0)
    Professor

(I wont read it if its in ALL CAPS. Use the shift key.)

3 of 40 (435 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 1:46:23 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

First off its not if I use them its the security of knowing. Secondly verizon sprint and t-mobile all have unlimiteddata plans for the smart phons. I was paying 30 amonth for unlimited when my phone broke ,now its time for a renew and they want to give me 2 gigs for $5 less come on this is greed. I understand "so they say" that ppl complained about payin $30 amth for the unlimited plan. so they cheapin it by$5 and only give 2gigs"bullcrud". had my I work away from my house 20 day amth so the 5gigs i get on my aircard get ate up so would the 2gigs on the phone. All im sayin is they should offer the unlimited on the smartphones or ppl will end up dropping them for Verizon's droid I have seen this phone and it is compareable if not better then the Iphone. Other company's do it say why does att not.

4 of 40 (422 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 1:47:34 PM
    (0)
    Scholar

cliffjohns wrote:

OK IM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT 2gigs ITS COOL FOR PPL THAT MAY NOT USE IT THAT MUCH. BUT IF YOU WANT UNLIMITED OR MAYBE 5 gig IT SHOULD BE OPTIONAL. i HAVE AN ATT AIR CARD $60 BUCKS FOR 5gigs AND TRUST ME ITS NOT ENOUGH. IF YOU GO TO DOWN LOADING APPS MUSIC ETC ETC YOU ARE GOING TO EAT THOSE GIGS UP. OK $25 FOR 2 MAYBE $35 FOR 5 AND $45 FOR UNLIMITED. THIS WAY YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU WANT. NOW PPL SAY WELL WHAT ABOUT TEATHERING. WELL I PAY $60 AMTH FOR 5gigs ON MY AIRCARD. IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE YOUR PHONE AS A MODEM THEN YOU SHOULD BE CHARGED THE SAME AS I AM(FAIR IS FAIR). ATT IS MAKING US PAY MORE FOR LESS. WE NEED TO SPEAK UP AND LET IT BE KNOWN THAT THIS IS REDICULOUSLY WRONG.

You do pay for what you want.  You pay $25 for 2 GB.  If you use more than 2 GB you pay for more.  

The plan isn't "limited" in that once you hit 2 GB they shut off your access.  It's tiered so that if you go over, you're allotted more which you also have to pay for.  

It's still unlimited data.  You just have to pay (based on their pricing points) for the amount of data that you use. 

5 of 40 (422 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 1:48:11 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

Buddy im sorry if you dont know how to read in all caps and its not the shift key I believe its a cap lk key

6 of 40 (420 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 1:50:35 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

I pay alot of money a month close to $400 to be precise. I pay top dollar I expect top service and plans.

7 of 40 (413 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 1:53:34 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

yeah you pay 10 dollars extra per gig when at&t are the only ones doing it this way.

8 of 40 (410 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 1:58:23 PM
    (0)
    Professor

I know how to read in all caps, but I dont want to. And, the SHIFT key lets you properly capitalize when you need to.

Also, if you want to get so technical, its called the shift lock key, not caps lock. Thats what it was named on the first typewriters.

9 of 40 (406 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 2:01:40 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

BLAH BLAH BLAH THEN DONT READ THE POST AND MOVE ON IF YOUR UNSATISFIED WITH THE WAY I WROTE IT. I WASNT GETTING TECHNICAL I WAS READING IT AS IT APPEARS ON MY LAPTOP BLAH.

10 of 40 (401 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 2:01:55 PM
    (0)
    Scholar

cliffjohns wrote:

yeah you pay 10 dollars extra per gig when at&t are the only ones doing it this way.

For now. 

11 of 40 (341 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 2:04:43 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

But why this just at&t being greedy, while everyone else is sticking to unlimited. Hey I would be willing to pay $40 amth if it meant unlimited on my smart phone.

12 of 40 (335 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 2:08:49 PM
    (0)
    Professor

All carriers will become capped eventually, if they are not. ATT is being more affordable for consumers.

13 of 40 (329 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 2:18:43 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

Let me guess you work for at&t.

14 of 40 (318 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 2:24:43 PM
    (0)
    Professor

No, it would say under my posts that I work for ATT. I'm telling you this as a consumer.

15 of 40 (313 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 2:25:49 PM
    (0)
    Professor

I've got 3 iPhones with the 2GB limit, no issues since the plan came out. And I'm saving a total of $15 a month, which is $90 for 6 months and $180/year.

16 of 40 (312 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 2:30:02 PM
    (0)
    Guru

cliffjohns wrote:

Let me guess you work for at&t.

Nope, but I do. You can tell by my signature. Look for unlimited plans to go the way of GONE very soon from all carriers. Simple internet etiquette is to not type in all caps. Calm down, look at your bills over the past year. Have you ever gone over two gigs of data? probably not. And out of that year, if you have gone over, how many months did you go over. Now, lets do the math. If the 2 gig package costs you 5 bucks less per month than the unlimited, thats a total savings of 60 dollars per year. If you had one month of overage (assuming no more than 1 gig of overage), you would still be saving 50 bucks, two months overage=40 dollars in savings, so on and so fourth. Why the complaints?

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

17 of 40 (308 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 3:33:33 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

For those that dont fully understand $30 unlimitied $20 for 2 gigs.  This dont take rocket sience. I have 5gigs on my air card. I donloaded one album, some podcast from itunes,and regular internet use and I went over 180mb. So if you download apps, music, podcast, etc you will go over. Like I said Im not around wifi day in and day out or Im not aroud my house but 10 days amth. When you work away like I do for 20 days you tend to use alot. I am calm Im not mad, I just think it should be optional as to 250mb 2gigs 5gigs or unlimited. I can see and am not complaining about the5gigs on my aircard. I am sayin that ppl are ignorant to the fact of $25 for 2 0r $30 for unlimited(it's simple math). Say you go over 1 gig now you just paid $10 extra dollars for 3gigs when you should have been payin 30 for unlimited. Can you say daaaaaaaaaaah

18 of 40 (296 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 5:49:50 PM
    (0)
    Expert

cliffjohns wrote:

I pay alot of money a month close to $400 to be precise. I pay top dollar I expect top service and plans.

so pay the etf and leave. the data plan is what they offer, deal with it or find someone else. do it fast though the unlimited wireless data plans will be going the way of the dodo bird before tomuch loner, the other choice is to double the cost to 75.00 and bring it back

19 of 40 (286 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 7:03:12 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

UNSC_REACH wrote:

All carriers will become capped eventually, if they are not. ATT is being more affordable for consumers.

Right. Verizon will convert its Unlimited Data plan into a specific-amount-a-month plan, early next year, I believe. Sprint will probably follow along, as with T-Mobile.

And yes, again. AT&T dropped their Unlimited Data plans to save their customers money because not ALL people use that much data, so the newer plans help them to save money. It's good business, I think.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

20 of 40 (282 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 7:51:30 PM
    (0)
    Mentor

I for one like the new plans. I refused to get a smartphone before because i have a 15 dollar data plan and i did not want my bill to go up another 15 dollars. I also use like 70mb of data a month so 30 dollars is really alot for me to pay for the data i would use. The new plans have allowed me to get a smartphone and not have my bill go up at all. So for me its been a good thing.

21 of 40 (299 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2010 7:55:59 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

avirginiagirl04 wrote:

I for one like the new plans. I refused to get a smartphone before because i have a 15 dollar data plan and i did not want my bill to go up another 15 dollars. I also use like 70mb of data a month so 30 dollars is really alot for me to pay for the data i would use. The new plans have allowed me to get a smartphone and not have my bill go up at all. So for me its been a good thing.

^^^ Exactly. The  new data plans are saving avirginiagirl04 money, by a long shot. That's why they were converted from unlimited. ^^^

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

22 of 40 (297 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 12, 2010 8:56:05 PM
    (0)
    Master

Seriously, give it up.  Unlimited plans are gone, and they're not coming back.  Verizon will be the next to follow suit.  This argument is a dead horse that has gone to the glue factory.

cliffjohns wrote:

For those that dont fully understand $30 unlimitied $20 for 2 gigs.  This dont take rocket sience. I have 5gigs on my air card. I donloaded one album, some podcast from itunes,and regular internet use and I went over 180mb. So if you download apps, music, podcast, etc you will go over. Like I said Im not around wifi day in and day out or Im not aroud my house but 10 days amth. When you work away like I do for 20 days you tend to use alot. I am calm Im not mad, I just think it should be optional as to 250mb 2gigs 5gigs or unlimited. I can see and am not complaining about the5gigs on my aircard. I am sayin that ppl are ignorant to the fact of $25 for 2 0r $30 for unlimited(it's simple math). Say you go over 1 gig now you just paid $10 extra dollars for 3gigs when you should have been payin 30 for unlimited. Can you say daaaaaaaaaaah

This Topic IS BULL

23 of 40 (267 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 13, 2010 3:08:02 AM
    (0)
    Explorer

Verizon still have the unlimited data plan for 30.00. AT&T is ripping there customer off with there 2gig data plan with there 10.00 1gig over plan. I would for won would 5.00 more for umlimited data because you would save money in the long run. and if you go to Verizon and get there data for unlimited you would be grandfather in with that plan. I won one been with AT&T for 10 years and got my first smartphone and then found out the only do a 2gig data instead of a unlimited I was what the crap. So I am going to Verizon because they have better coverage and data plan.  It is plan crap and a rip off to pay 25.00 for 2gig and then 10.00 for 1gig over when use can make a plan for 30.00 for unlimited data.

AT&T Data Plan

24 of 40 (260 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 13, 2010 4:08:39 AM
    (0)
    Expert
    Edited by wingrider01 on Sep 13, 2010 at 4:10:19 AM

RDBuck38 wrote:

Verizon still have the unlimited data plan for 30.00. AT&T is ripping there customer off with there 2gig data plan with there 10.00 1gig over plan. I would for won would 5.00 more for umlimited data because you would save money in the long run. and if you go to Verizon and get there data for unlimited you would be grandfather in with that plan. I won one been with AT&T for 10 years and got my first smartphone and then found out the only do a 2gig data instead of a unlimited I was what the crap. So I am going to Verizon because they have better coverage and data plan.  It is plan crap and a rip off to pay 25.00 for 2gig and then 10.00 for 1gig over when use can make a plan for 30.00 for unlimited data.

Actually it is not truely unlimited - if you dig down into the TOS you will see that verizon reserves the right to turn off the data plan or terminate it if you contiunue to exceed 5GB usage a month. Read the TOS and understand it

"Unlimited Data Plans and Features (such as NationalAccess, BroadbandAccess, Push to Talk, and certain VZEmail services) may ONLY be used with wireless devices for the following purposes: (i) Internet browsing; (ii) email; and (iii) intranet access (including access to corporate intranets, email, and individual productivity applications like customer relationship management, sales force, and field service automation). The Unlimited Data Plans and Features MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (ii) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine–to–machine connections or peer–to–peer (P2P) file sharing; or (iii) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections. This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A person engaged in prohibited uses, continuously for one hour, could typically use 100 to 200 MBs, or, if engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, could use more than 5 GBs in a month.

For individual use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to protect our network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. We reserve the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone we believe is using an Unlimited Data Plan or Feature in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term."

Re: AT&T Data Plan

[ Edited ]
    25 of 40 (257 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 13, 2010 7:37:00 AM
    (0)
    Professor

Kudos to wingrider01 for the research, and I thank you for posting that. First people complain about the required $30 plan, then they complain about the limited plans...

26 of 40 (244 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 13, 2010 9:17:49 AM
    (0)
    Scholar

(i) continuous uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games

I wonder what they consider 'continuous'? Seems that regardless of the data plan, this would nix quite a bit alone (unless you're using the ATT apps).

27 of 40 (237 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 13, 2010 9:31:18 AM
    (0)
    Professor

diagoro, did you read the post? That is Verizon's terms and conditions.

28 of 40 (232 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 13, 2010 11:55:17 AM
    (0)
    Expert

UNSC_REACH wrote:

diagoro, did you read the post? That is Verizon's terms and conditions.

My bad should have bolded and underlined that

29 of 40 (223 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 13, 2010 11:58:54 AM
    (0)
    Professor

Not your fault, it says it. I think people will just argue with anything sometimes.

30 of 40 (220 Views)