2.3.6 gb update for samsung gs2 is out

Teacher

2.3.6 gb update for samsung gs2 is out

You can update manually by going to settings-software update-check for updates.

So far I've noticed the blue screen over-scroll, screen lock security glitch is fixed and the google assistance is disabled when you double tap home. Which is awesome, cuz I hated that.
Message 1 of 5 (1,376 Views)

Re: 2.3.6 gb update for samsung gs2 is out

dmcincubus wrote:
You can update manually by going to settings-software update-check for updates.

So far I've noticed the blue screen over-scroll, screen lock security glitch is fixed and the google assistance is disabled when you double tap home. Which is awesome, cuz I hated that.

There are starting to be rumors that AT&T pulled the update due to various issues.

Message 2 of 5 (1,328 Views)
Teacher

Nope. Update still being issued. People on message boards all over still getting it.
Message 3 of 5 (1,306 Views)
Contributor

Things I've noticed....bad
1. The blue edging...SUX and hangs, the bounce was better
2. One of the sensor calibrations is missing now
3. "The Worst" now my gs2 will not go out of edge service... disappointing
4. Typing/touch cursor now has problems
A fix is definitely needed now...or a way to remove the update...

Message 4 of 5 (878 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

I'll answer these as best I know Smiley Happy

1. This issue is thanks to Apple patenting the "bounce" - nobody is allowed to do that bouncing other than Apple (barring licensing fees paid, assuming Apple is willing to license that idea).  I can't blame Samsung for that.
  2. I didn't notice the sensor missing
  3. I don't not have 4G anywhere in my local area, so I can't tell what's going on with that.
  4. I've noticed that Swype seems better than it was before.  It seems to pick up my swyping with a little bit more accuracy with this update.
Message 5 of 5 (843 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.