Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Dec 16, 2011
10:34:39 PM
View profile
2.3.6 gb update for samsung gs2 is out
You can update manually by going to settings-software update-check for updates.

So far I've noticed the blue screen over-scroll, screen lock security glitch is fixed and the google assistance is disabled when you double tap home. Which is awesome, cuz I hated that.

So far I've noticed the blue screen over-scroll, screen lock security glitch is fixed and the google assistance is disabled when you double tap home. Which is awesome, cuz I hated that.

2.3.6 gb update for samsung gs2 is out

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2011 7:04:36 AM
(0)
Guru

dmcincubus wrote:

There are starting to be rumors that AT&T pulled the update due to various issues.

dmcincubus wrote:

There are starting to be rumors that AT&T pulled the update due to various issues.

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

Re: 2.3.6 gb update for samsung gs2 is out

2 of 5 (1,242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2011 12:18:48 PM
(0)
Teacher
Nope. Update still being issued. People on message boards all over still getting it.
Nope. Update still being issued. People on message boards all over still getting it.

3 of 5 (1,220 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2012 9:09:38 PM
(0)
Contributor
Things I've noticed....bad
1. The blue edging...SUX and hangs, the bounce was better
2. One of the sensor calibrations is missing now
3. "The Worst" now my gs2 will not go out of edge service... disappointing
4. Typing/touch cursor now has problems
A fix is definitely needed now...or a way to remove the update...

Things I've noticed....bad
1. The blue edging...SUX and hangs, the bounce was better
2. One of the sensor calibrations is missing now
3. "The Worst" now my gs2 will not go out of edge service... disappointing
4. Typing/touch cursor now has problems
A fix is definitely needed now...or a way to remove the update...

4 of 5 (792 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2012 12:57:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

I'll answer these as best I know Smiley Happy

1. This issue is thanks to Apple patenting the "bounce" - nobody is allowed to do that bouncing other than Apple (barring licensing fees paid, assuming Apple is willing to license that idea).  I can't blame Samsung for that.
  2. I didn't notice the sensor missing
  3. I don't not have 4G anywhere in my local area, so I can't tell what's going on with that.
  4. I've noticed that Swype seems better than it was before.  It seems to pick up my swyping with a little bit more accuracy with this update.

I'll answer these as best I know Smiley Happy

1. This issue is thanks to Apple patenting the "bounce" - nobody is allowed to do that bouncing other than Apple (barring licensing fees paid, assuming Apple is willing to license that idea).  I can't blame Samsung for that.
  2. I didn't notice the sensor missing
  3. I don't not have 4G anywhere in my local area, so I can't tell what's going on with that.
  4. I've noticed that Swype seems better than it was before.  It seems to pick up my swyping with a little bit more accuracy with this update.

5 of 5 (757 Views)