Re: 2.2 IS HERE ..... kinda

2 of 16 (2,055 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 8:04:52 AM
(0)
Scholar

Now that would be nice. Brings up a few questions though. KIES last I knew was not meant for any US phones, is this going to be changed now? Either way, the next question will be, did they update the PC software to fix all the issues surrounding KIES? I still have never been able to get any version of KIES to work on Vista or Win 7. Luckily I still have an XP machine that KIES works on. But for a lot of users, this is a big issue that will stop them from getting the upgrade. What then? Time will tell, I see.

Now that would be nice. Brings up a few questions though. KIES last I knew was not meant for any US phones, is this going to be changed now? Either way, the next question will be, did they update the PC software to fix all the issues surrounding KIES? I still have never been able to get any version of KIES to work on Vista or Win 7. Luckily I still have an XP machine that KIES works on. But for a lot of users, this is a big issue that will stop them from getting the upgrade. What then? Time will tell, I see.

3 of 16 (2,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 8:25:46 AM
(0)
Mentor

This is for the Canadian versions of the Galaxy S phone. No telling when Froyo will be available for the US versions. It has not yet been announced.

This is for the Canadian versions of the Galaxy S phone. No telling when Froyo will be available for the US versions. It has not yet been announced.

4 of 16 (2,021 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 8:30:27 AM
(0)
Master

circuitdragon wrote:

There is already a US version called Kies Mini released by Samsung USA a few months ago. It's only function is to update firmware.

circuitdragon wrote:

There is already a US version called Kies Mini released by Samsung USA a few months ago. It's only function is to update firmware.

5 of 16 (2,013 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 9:15:53 AM
(0)
Tutor

Wired I did not see I got redirected to the Canadian side LOL looks like the north is ahead of the US which is OK I am Canadian Smiley Very Happy

Wired I did not see I got redirected to the Canadian side LOL looks like the north is ahead of the US which is OK I am Canadian Smiley Very Happy

6 of 16 (1,984 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 10:35:51 AM
(0)
Scholar

foxbat121 wrote:

circuitdragon wrote:

Yes, but still falls in where I said I can not get any version to work.  Smiley Happy  I have the dreaded issue of my computers (Vista and Win 7) looking for the MTP driver, and never finding anything.

foxbat121 wrote:

circuitdragon wrote:

Yes, but still falls in where I said I can not get any version to work.  Smiley Happy  I have the dreaded issue of my computers (Vista and Win 7) looking for the MTP driver, and never finding anything.

7 of 16 (1,936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 6:11:05 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by pjglassman on Dec 15, 2010 at 6:22:43 PM

Circ, FYI

I had the same issues in the first try on mine... The fix was loading the UK version and I posted a link with screen shots as to what hoops one has to jump through to get it going. Good news is it does work for me anyway YMMV

I'm running both Windows7 and Server 2008 R2 both 64 bit versions, also had it work well on an XP machine 32-bit. just an FYI ...search for my link to the posts and YES it was the MTP driver that caused the first go round to fail.

HTH

Smiley Wink

Edit: I found it here is the thread and it's message 29 & 30 HTH

http://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung/Connecting-Captivate/m-p/2561847#M85302

Smiley Wink

Circ, FYI

I had the same issues in the first try on mine... The fix was loading the UK version and I posted a link with screen shots as to what hoops one has to jump through to get it going. Good news is it does work for me anyway YMMV

I'm running both Windows7 and Server 2008 R2 both 64 bit versions, also had it work well on an XP machine 32-bit. just an FYI ...search for my link to the posts and YES it was the MTP driver that caused the first go round to fail.

HTH

Smiley Wink

Edit: I found it here is the thread and it's message 29 & 30 HTH

Smiley Wink

Sent from My Android Phone...Still waiting on Froyo 2.2 From AT&T

[ Edited ]
8 of 16 (1,803 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 6:32:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Dec 15, 2010 at 6:34:48 PM

circuitdragon wrote:

Have you installed the drivers for your Captivate found on this page (link below) from Samsung?

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SGH-I897ZKAATT

When you connect your phone are you mounting the SD card to the computer?  Have you set your phone to debugging mode?

circuitdragon wrote:

Have you installed the drivers for your Captivate found on this page (link below) from Samsung?

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SGH-I897ZKAATT

When you connect your phone are you mounting the SD card to the computer?  Have you set your phone to debugging mode?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
9 of 16 (1,784 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2010 9:51:04 AM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks for the help guys, but this is getting off topic. Hate to single myself out here for derailing the thread, but KIES isn't the subject, Froyo is. I do appreciate the help though, but I would post in another thread for suited for the topic of KIES.  Thanks though.  Smiley Happy

Thanks for the help guys, but this is getting off topic. Hate to single myself out here for derailing the thread, but KIES isn't the subject, Froyo is. I do appreciate the help though, but I would post in another thread for suited for the topic of KIES.  Thanks though.  Smiley Happy

10 of 16 (1,627 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2010 4:11:37 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by pjglassman on Dec 17, 2010 at 5:07:13 PM

Yea, agree... Hit the connect captivate thread for full details.

Oh where oh were could FroYo be...AT&T we are still waiting...I need the Flash update, the Exchange sync fix

now,

Verizon has begun sending out an Over-the-Air (OTA) update for the Droid 2, update 2.3.20.A955.

The Droid 2 update improves battery life, proximity sensor sensitivity, visual voice mail, video audio and GPS fixes.

The Droid 2 update adds new features, such as allowing users to add photo Gallery photos to contacts and the ability to export contacts to the microSD card.

When updating any Droid phone, be sure that your battery is at 40% charged and that you have at least ten minutes to wait for the process to complete.  Just in case, you should also backup your contacts, photos, and note what software you had installed.

Wi-Fi connectivity is faster and less likely to have data corruption.  During the update, you can't make or receive calls, including emergency calls.

Droid is LQQK ing good to me...{Please keep it courteous}

Oh where oh were could FroYo be...AT&T we are still waiting...I need the Flash update, the Exchange sync fix

now,

Verizon has begun sending out an Over-the-Air (OTA) update for the Droid 2, update 2.3.20.A955.

The Droid 2 update improves battery life, proximity sensor sensitivity, visual voice mail, video audio and GPS fixes.

The Droid 2 update adds new features, such as allowing users to add photo Gallery photos to contacts and the ability to export contacts to the microSD card.

When updating any Droid phone, be sure that your battery is at 40% charged and that you have at least ten minutes to wait for the process to complete.  Just in case, you should also backup your contacts, photos, and note what software you had installed.

Wi-Fi connectivity is faster and less likely to have data corruption.  During the update, you can't make or receive calls, including emergency calls.

Sent from My Android Phone...Still waiting on Froyo 2.2 From AT&T

[ Edited ]
11 of 16 (1,012 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2010 11:20:28 PM
(0)
Tutor

Well its here now but wrong version lol

http://pages.samsung.com/ca/froyo/English/

Well its here now but wrong version lol

http://pages.samsung.com/ca/froyo/English/

12 of 16 (894 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2010 2:59:10 AM
(0)
Expert

pjglassman wrote:

now,

just as a note, got 6 of them in for developers to do some work with - guess what the droid 2 is shipping from verizon with 2.2 already installed, so there is another incentive for you.

pjglassman wrote:

now,

just as a note, got 6 of them in for developers to do some work with - guess what the droid 2 is shipping from verizon with 2.2 already installed, so there is another incentive for you.

13 of 16 (878 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2010 3:46:01 AM
(0)
Master
@wingrider1
The Droid 2 had always shipped with Android 2.2 from when it was released. That update mentioned above is a maintenance release bringing the Android version to 2.2.1, if I remember correctly.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
@wingrider1
The Droid 2 had always shipped with Android 2.2 from when it was released. That update mentioned above is a maintenance release bringing the Android version to 2.2.1, if I remember correctly.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

14 of 16 (868 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2011 12:25:08 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by BobMighty on Jan 14, 2011 at 12:25:41 PM

Look at this the Canadian Captivated has the 2.2 and we are still stock whit 2.1 lol its good to be Canadain hahaha

Look at this the Canadian Captivated has the 2.2 and we are still stock whit 2.1 lol its good to be Canadain hahaha

[ Edited ]
15 of 16 (516 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2011 12:47:39 PM
(0)
Expert

Ann154 wrote:
@wingrider1

funny thought the first 3 we bought had an older version, will have to check with teh QA team that configures the phones for the developers

Ann154 wrote:
@wingrider1

funny thought the first 3 we bought had an older version, will have to check with teh QA team that configures the phones for the developers

16 of 16 (493 Views)