BobMighty wrote:

2.2 has been (been) released for Galaxy S Vibrant

and it said later in December for us Smiley Very Happy

http://pages.samsung.com/ca/froyo/English/

have a marry X-mas

12/31/2025

Message 2 of 16 (2,269 Views)

Re: 2.2 IS HERE ..... kinda

Now that would be nice. Brings up a few questions though. KIES last I knew was not meant for any US phones, is this going to be changed now? Either way, the next question will be, did they update the PC software to fix all the issues surrounding KIES? I still have never been able to get any version of KIES to work on Vista or Win 7. Luckily I still have an XP machine that KIES works on. But for a lot of users, this is a big issue that will stop them from getting the upgrade. What then? Time will tell, I see.

Message 3 of 16 (2,259 Views)
Mentor

This is for the Canadian versions of the Galaxy S phone. No telling when Froyo will be available for the US versions. It has not yet been announced.

Message 4 of 16 (2,235 Views)
Master

circuitdragon wrote:

Now that would be nice. Brings up a few questions though. KIES last I knew was not meant for any US phones, is this going to be changed now? Either way, the next question will be, did they update the PC software to fix all the issues surrounding KIES? I still have never been able to get any version of KIES to work on Vista or Win 7. Luckily I still have an XP machine that KIES works on. But for a lot of users, this is a big issue that will stop them from getting the upgrade. What then? Time will tell, I see.

There is already a US version called Kies Mini released by Samsung USA a few months ago. It's only function is to update firmware.

Message 5 of 16 (2,227 Views)
Tutor

Wired I did not see I got redirected to the Canadian side LOL looks like the north is ahead of the US which is OK I am Canadian Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 16 (2,198 Views)

foxbat121 wrote:

circuitdragon wrote:

There is already a US version called Kies Mini released by Samsung USA a few months ago. It's only function is to update firmware.

Yes, but still falls in where I said I can not get any version to work.  Smiley Happy  I have the dreaded issue of my computers (Vista and Win 7) looking for the MTP driver, and never finding anything.

Message 7 of 16 (2,150 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

Circ, FYI

I had the same issues in the first try on mine... The fix was loading the UK version and I posted a link with screen shots as to what hoops one has to jump through to get it going. Good news is it does work for me anyway YMMV

I'm running both Windows7 and Server 2008 R2 both 64 bit versions, also had it work well on an XP machine 32-bit. just an FYI ...search for my link to the posts and YES it was the MTP driver that caused the first go round to fail.

HTH

Smiley Wink

Edit: I found it here is the thread and it's message 29 & 30 HTH

http://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung/Connecting-Captivate/m-p/2561847#M85302

Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 16 (2,017 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

circuitdragon wrote:

Yes, but still falls in where I said I can not get any version to work.  Smiley Happy  I have the dreaded issue of my computers (Vista and Win 7) looking for the MTP driver, and never finding anything.

Have you installed the drivers for your Captivate found on this page (link below) from Samsung?

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SGH-I897ZKAATT

When you connect your phone are you mounting the SD card to the computer?  Have you set your phone to debugging mode?

Message 9 of 16 (1,998 Views)

Thanks for the help guys, but this is getting off topic. Hate to single myself out here for derailing the thread, but KIES isn't the subject, Froyo is. I do appreciate the help though, but I would post in another thread for suited for the topic of KIES.  Thanks though.  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 16 (1,841 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

Yea, agree... Hit the connect captivate thread for full details.

Oh where oh were could FroYo be...AT&T we are still waiting...I need the Flash update, the Exchange sync fix

now,

Verizon has begun sending out an Over-the-Air (OTA) update for the Droid 2, update 2.3.20.A955.

The Droid 2 update improves battery life, proximity sensor sensitivity, visual voice mail, video audio and GPS fixes.

The Droid 2 update adds new features, such as allowing users to add photo Gallery photos to contacts and the ability to export contacts to the microSD card.

When updating any Droid phone, be sure that your battery is at 40% charged and that you have at least ten minutes to wait for the process to complete.  Just in case, you should also backup your contacts, photos, and note what software you had installed.

Wi-Fi connectivity is faster and less likely to have data corruption.  During the update, you can't make or receive calls, including emergency calls.

Droid is LQQK ing good to me...{Please keep it courteous}

Message 11 of 16 (1,226 Views)
Tutor

Well its here now but wrong version lol

http://pages.samsung.com/ca/froyo/English/

Message 12 of 16 (1,108 Views)
Expert

pjglassman wrote:

Yea, agree... Hit the connect captivate thread for full details.

Oh where oh were could FroYo be...AT&T we are still waiting...I need the Flash update, the Exchange sync fix

now,

Verizon has begun sending out an Over-the-Air (OTA) update for the Droid 2, update 2.3.20.A955.

The Droid 2 update improves battery life, proximity sensor sensitivity, visual voice mail, video audio and GPS fixes.

The Droid 2 update adds new features, such as allowing users to add photo Gallery photos to contacts and the ability to export contacts to the microSD card.

When updating any Droid phone, be sure that your battery is at 40% charged and that you have at least ten minutes to wait for the process to complete.  Just in case, you should also backup your contacts, photos, and note what software you had installed.

Wi-Fi connectivity is faster and less likely to have data corruption.  During the update, you can't make or receive calls, including emergency calls.

Droid is LQQK ing good to me...{Please keep it courteous}

just as a note, got 6 of them in for developers to do some work with - guess what the droid 2 is shipping from verizon with 2.2 already installed, so there is another incentive for you.

Message 13 of 16 (1,092 Views)
Master

@wingrider1
The Droid 2 had always shipped with Android 2.2 from when it was released. That update mentioned above is a maintenance release bringing the Android version to 2.2.1, if I remember correctly.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 16 (1,082 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Look at this the Canadian Captivated has the 2.2 and we are still stock whit 2.1 lol its good to be Canadain hahaha

Message 15 of 16 (730 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.