1MB of Data

Master

1MB of Data

I'm a GoPhone user, and am thinking about adding the 1MB Data Feature Package. I was just curious as to how much 1MB will get me (probably not very much at all.)

I mainly want the package for Mobile E-mail purposes.

Thanks.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 1 of 16
ACE - Expert

Re: 1MB of Data

Banchilover101 wrote:

I'm a GoPhone user, and am thinking about adding the 1MB Data Feature Package. I was just curious as to how much 1MB will get me (probably not very much at all.)

I mainly want the package for Mobile E-mail purposes.

Thanks.

Depending on how much you use mobile e-mail. If you use it a few times a week, 1MB may cover it, a few times a day — you may exceed 1MB.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 16
Professor

You can always try it out, but if your going to do any real email use - you'll probably go over it.

Message 3 of 16
Master

I suppose I could give it a shot...

Message 4 of 16

depending upon what email you are using, maybe there is a way to set it to a basic, low-graphics version.  You want to have just text if possible to conserve data.

Message 5 of 16

You can use this tool.

http://www.att.com/standalone/data-calculator/index.html

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 16
Master

RiotGirrrl wrote:

You can use this tool.

http://www.att.com/standalone/data-calculator/index.html

Thanks, RiotGirrrl.

20 KB per e-mail (text only) would probably not work, because I receive e-mail notices when someone replies on the Forums, here. Smiley Tongue

And I usually have about 25 on average per day. Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 16

Your Welcome Wild Banchi!  maybe 1mb isnt enough , maybe the 100 mb feaure will cover you the 30 days.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 16
Master

RiotGirrrl wrote:

Your Welcome Wild Banchi!  maybe 1mb isnt enough , maybe the 100 mb feaure will cover you the 30 days.

True, but I can't do that one for sure... I use unlimited messaging, which is the same price, but I text a LOT more than I go on the Internet.

Message 9 of 16
Highlighted

yes i think the prepaid data plans are highprice ,  when the unlimited data posptpaid is just 15 , in prepaid 100mb are  19.99  a lot of difference.

Message 10 of 16
Master

RiotGirrrl wrote:

yes i think the prepaid data plans are highprice ,  when the unlimited data posptpaid is just 15 , in prepaid 100mb are  19.99  a lot of difference.

I know, I was thinking the exact same thing... Smiley Indifferent

Message 11 of 16
Guru

Wild Banchi wrote:

RiotGirrrl wrote:

But take in mind too that the $2.00 per MB doesn't apply in prepaid, it's still the old $0.01 per KB fee so theorically it's a good offer.

Try first with the 1MB feature, if you see that you may overuse it then change to the 100MB one. You can also dial *777*3# if you want to check your current data usage.

Message 12 of 16
Master

Virtual wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

RiotGirrrl wrote:

But take in mind too that the $2.00 per MB doesn't apply in prepaid, it's still the old $0.01 per KB fee so theorically it's a good offer.

Try first with the 1MB feature, if you see that you may overuse it then change to the 100MB one. You can also dial *777*3# if you want to check your current data usage.

Bringing back this old thread because I've been thinking about it lately...

Thanks, Virtual. That number would be very helpful for me to monitor my data usage.

I think I will give the 1MB plan a try; I have extra balances on my account, so I think that could work. I'm just worried that I might go over, considering if you're using the Internet for about, two seconds, you get charged five cents... Smiley Indifferent

If it doesn't work out, I will know to not go back to it ever again. Smiley Wink

Also, anoher question: how many kilobytes does it take to reach 1MB? Thanks.

Message 13 of 16

Wild Banchi wrote:

1024.  In general, it can be either 1024 or 1000 depending on whether it's going by historical usage or th real SI definitions.  According to this, AT&T uses 1024.

Message 14 of 16
Master

erichamion wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

1024.  In general, it can be either 1024 or 1000 depending on whether it's going by historical usage or th real SI definitions.  According to this, AT&T uses 1024.

Alright, thank you. It seems to be that every "byte" depends on one another.

Example: A kilobyte = 1024 bytes, a megabyte = 1024 kilobytes, and a gigabyte = 1024 megabytes.

Message 15 of 16
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support