Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 17, 2010
3:05:15 PM
View profile
1MB of Data

I'm a GoPhone user, and am thinking about adding the 1MB Data Feature Package. I was just curious as to how much 1MB will get me (probably not very much at all.)

I mainly want the package for Mobile E-mail purposes.

Thanks.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I'm a GoPhone user, and am thinking about adding the 1MB Data Feature Package. I was just curious as to how much 1MB will get me (probably not very much at all.)

Thanks.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

1MB of Data

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2010 3:08:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Banchilover101 wrote:

Thanks.

Depending on how much you use mobile e-mail. If you use it a few times a week, 1MB may cover it, a few times a day — you may exceed 1MB.

Banchilover101 wrote:

Thanks.

Depending on how much you use mobile e-mail. If you use it a few times a week, 1MB may cover it, a few times a day — you may exceed 1MB.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 1MB of Data

2 of 16 (820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2010 3:17:38 PM
(0)
Professor

You can always try it out, but if your going to do any real email use - you'll probably go over it.

You can always try it out, but if your going to do any real email use - you'll probably go over it.

3 of 16 (817 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2010 5:36:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I suppose I could give it a shot...

I suppose I could give it a shot...

4 of 16 (812 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2010 7:57:14 PM
(0)
Mentor

depending upon what email you are using, maybe there is a way to set it to a basic, low-graphics version.  You want to have just text if possible to conserve data.

depending upon what email you are using, maybe there is a way to set it to a basic, low-graphics version.  You want to have just text if possible to conserve data.

5 of 16 (801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2010 6:03:07 AM
(0)
Guru

You can use this tool.

http://www.att.com/standalone/data-calculator/index.html

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

6 of 16 (794 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2010 10:35:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

RiotGirrrl wrote:

You can use this tool.

Thanks, RiotGirrrl.

20 KB per e-mail (text only) would probably not work, because I receive e-mail notices when someone replies on the Forums, here. Smiley Tongue

And I usually have about 25 on average per day. Smiley Tongue

RiotGirrrl wrote:

You can use this tool.

Thanks, RiotGirrrl.

20 KB per e-mail (text only) would probably not work, because I receive e-mail notices when someone replies on the Forums, here. Smiley Tongue

And I usually have about 25 on average per day. Smiley Tongue

7 of 16 (787 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2010 12:41:07 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by RiotGirrrl on Aug 19, 2010 at 12:44:37 PM

Your Welcome Wild Banchi!  maybe 1mb isnt enough , maybe the 100 mb feaure will cover you the 30 days.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Your Welcome Wild Banchi!  maybe 1mb isnt enough , maybe the 100 mb feaure will cover you the 30 days.

[ Edited ]
8 of 16 (781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2010 2:35:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

RiotGirrrl wrote:

True, but I can't do that one for sure... I use unlimited messaging, which is the same price, but I text a LOT more than I go on the Internet.

RiotGirrrl wrote:

True, but I can't do that one for sure... I use unlimited messaging, which is the same price, but I text a LOT more than I go on the Internet.

9 of 16 (771 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2010 2:40:24 PM
(0)
Guru

yes i think the prepaid data plans are highprice ,  when the unlimited data posptpaid is just 15 , in prepaid 100mb are  19.99  a lot of difference.

yes i think the prepaid data plans are highprice ,  when the unlimited data posptpaid is just 15 , in prepaid 100mb are  19.99  a lot of difference.

10 of 16 (767 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2010 2:44:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

RiotGirrrl wrote:

I know, I was thinking the exact same thing... Smiley Indifferent

RiotGirrrl wrote:

11 of 16 (624 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2010 11:06:18 AM
(0)
Guru

Wild Banchi wrote:

RiotGirrrl wrote:

But take in mind too that the $2.00 per MB doesn't apply in prepaid, it's still the old $0.01 per KB fee so theorically it's a good offer.

Try first with the 1MB feature, if you see that you may overuse it then change to the 100MB one. You can also dial *777*3# if you want to check your current data usage.

Wild Banchi wrote:

RiotGirrrl wrote:

But take in mind too that the $2.00 per MB doesn't apply in prepaid, it's still the old $0.01 per KB fee so theorically it's a good offer.

Try first with the 1MB feature, if you see that you may overuse it then change to the 100MB one. You can also dial *777*3# if you want to check your current data usage.

12 of 16 (617 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2010 4:04:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Virtual wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

RiotGirrrl wrote:

Bringing back this old thread because I've been thinking about it lately...

Thanks, Virtual. That number would be very helpful for me to monitor my data usage.

I think I will give the 1MB plan a try; I have extra balances on my account, so I think that could work. I'm just worried that I might go over, considering if you're using the Internet for about, two seconds, you get charged five cents... Smiley Indifferent

If it doesn't work out, I will know to not go back to it ever again. Smiley Wink

Also, anoher question: how many kilobytes does it take to reach 1MB? Thanks.

Virtual wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

RiotGirrrl wrote:

Bringing back this old thread because I've been thinking about it lately...

Thanks, Virtual. That number would be very helpful for me to monitor my data usage.

I think I will give the 1MB plan a try; I have extra balances on my account, so I think that could work. I'm just worried that I might go over, considering if you're using the Internet for about, two seconds, you get charged five cents... Smiley Indifferent

If it doesn't work out, I will know to not go back to it ever again. Smiley Wink

13 of 16 (593 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2010 7:23:59 PM
(0)
Guru

Wild Banchi wrote:

1024.  In general, it can be either 1024 or 1000 depending on whether it's going by historical usage or th real SI definitions.  According to this, AT&T uses 1024.

Wild Banchi wrote:

1024.  In general, it can be either 1024 or 1000 depending on whether it's going by historical usage or th real SI definitions.  According to this, AT&T uses 1024.

14 of 16 (589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2010 3:24:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

erichamion wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Alright, thank you. It seems to be that every "byte" depends on one another.

Example: A kilobyte = 1024 bytes, a megabyte = 1024 kilobytes, and a gigabyte = 1024 megabytes.

erichamion wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Alright, thank you. It seems to be that every "byte" depends on one another.

Example: A kilobyte = 1024 bytes, a megabyte = 1024 kilobytes, and a gigabyte = 1024 megabytes.

15 of 16 (574 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2010 2:09:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

A meg on Att Gophone is either $5 for the meg plan or $10 if you buy it by the kilobyte. One Att mvno (reseller) that runs on the Gophone network will be introducing paygo data at $2 per meg in the middle of November. A mvno/reseller runs on the Att network but buys airtime from Att and resells it under their own brand name. 

Att though has really come out with some good new plans. Their simple plan equals anything their resellers are giving. In fact, Att is cheaper then some of their resellers which can be as high as 15 cents a minute for the same service and no brand name. 

A meg on Att Gophone is either $5 for the meg plan or $10 if you buy it by the kilobyte. One Att mvno (reseller) that runs on the Gophone network will be introducing paygo data at $2 per meg in the middle of November. A mvno/reseller runs on the Att network but buys airtime from Att and resells it under their own brand name. 

Att though has really come out with some good new plans. Their simple plan equals anything their resellers are giving. In fact, Att is cheaper then some of their resellers which can be as high as 15 cents a minute for the same service and no brand name. 

16 of 16 (554 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments