Explore & discover

Helpful Links

problem putting music on my phone from my laptop

Contributor

problem putting music on my phone from my laptop

i am trying to add music to my nokia lumia 520 from my google chromebook.

when i plug my phone into my laptop the only file that opens is to import photos.

cannot find folder to add music to my phone.

any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by photoguy2014
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: problem putting music on my phone from my laptop

I don't think you'll be able to do that under Chrome. Windows Phone needs a desktop application to transfer files via USB, it doesn't show up as a mass storage device, it shows up as a camera. You'll need to use a Windows desktop. Alternately you may be able to put the music from Chrome to your Skydrive, and then from the Skydrive to the phone.

Tags (2)
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Sage

Re: problem putting music on my phone from my laptop

your phone probably came with a music playing program on board.
these programs usually have a desktop compatible program for adding your own music. some offer a wireless syncing option (as my Android does, so I can sync my iTunes without a cable)

Dig into the manual for the phone and then the App Store for the solutions
(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support