problem putting music on my phone from my laptop

Contributor

problem putting music on my phone from my laptop

i am trying to add music to my nokia lumia 520 from my google chromebook.

when i plug my phone into my laptop the only file that opens is to import photos.

cannot find folder to add music to my phone.

any ideas?

Message 1 of 3 (894 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author photoguy2014
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: problem putting music on my phone from my laptop

I don't think you'll be able to do that under Chrome. Windows Phone needs a desktop application to transfer files via USB, it doesn't show up as a mass storage device, it shows up as a camera. You'll need to use a Windows desktop. Alternately you may be able to put the music from Chrome to your Skydrive, and then from the Skydrive to the phone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (866 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: problem putting music on my phone from my laptop

your phone probably came with a music playing program on board.
these programs usually have a desktop compatible program for adding your own music. some offer a wireless syncing option (as my Android does, so I can sync my iTunes without a cable)

Dig into the manual for the phone and then the App Store for the solutions
(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (862 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.