Troubleshoot your device issues
anzie's profile

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Saturday, January 25th, 2014 3:52 AM

opening messages problem

Hi! I'm a new Lumia 520 owner, and I have a question. Occasionally a friend will send me a picture via text message that I am unable to open. The message will say "Media content in this message, get media content now 32kb", and when I tap the message, it will not open. Is there anyting I can do to open the message?

I'm sorry, but I'm new to smartphones..thanks for any help!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

If its a video or audio clip that WP8 can't play, you'll get that error. There isn't anything you can do to fix it, it's a limitation of the phone's operating system.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you, johninsj, I appreciate the answer!! It's helpful to know about this!!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

If its a video or audio clip that WP8 can't play, you'll get that error. There isn't anything you can do to fix it, it's a limitation of the phone's operating system.

But what if it's just a picture? Does that mean that a picture that my friend takes on his iPhone won't come through because my Lumia can't process it?

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

@TSPhillips wrote:

But what if it's just a picture? Does that mean that a picture that my friend takes on his iPhone won't come through because my Lumia can't process it?

I've not ever seen a photo fail to come through (I'm the odd one out in my home - wife & kid are iPhone users, I have/had a Lumia 920 and now have a Samsung Note3)

I suppose if the image is too large, Windows Phone may fail to open it, but I'm not aware of any limits on size.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.