For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
m2FromReno's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Friday, October 14th, 2016 10:51 PM

messages arriving on Chinese characters

Long messages from friends and family are arriving at my phone in Chinese characters. Short msgs from the same people are ok. All phone settings are in English. Any ideas?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@jenrier wrote:

This week it seems that I am not receiving all text messages being sent to me.  Three different people with a mix of iPhones and Android (I'm on Android) have notified me and confirmed they've sent messages that I've not received.  It's intermittent - I received one from my husband, but not another one, but did receive another one later in the day.

I also received several text messages in Chinese from him, although I see that is being fixed.

Any word on the missing text messages issue?  This is very frustrating and I have no idea if I'm missing more / other important messages.

@jenrierThis is more than like an Advanced Messaging issue.  Try disabling it, and you'll likely get texts from the same people, consistently. 

I don't beleieve there's a current target for fixing this, but it's a known-issue.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Maddogsgirl wrote:
My phone has been doing the same thing, I send in English, and they are recieved in Chinese...... no emoticons even being used in these particular texts.

Yeah, there's still some characters (not neccessarilly emojis exclusively) that will cause this, until they fix it.

Try using the string functions page, as mentioned above, and see what characters come right before the corruption, this will help you figure it out (and show you the message contents).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

will the repair be system wide or do we need to call customer support to inform them if we are having problems

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

GOOD question....., and FYI ATT, it happened to me yesterday.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

this is not fixed, as I got a message just now with all chinese characters

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I'm getting this on my 1520 lumia, windows phone...

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, MaBell, it is fixed on my phone, thank you.  I had friends refoward "chinese" messages, and they showed up in English!  Thank you!

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

Well, it certainly took (not you personally) ATT long enough to respond.
But thank you for the post. It would be extremely helpful if you or
someone could keep this group updated on your progress.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I don't have advanced messaging set up, so that's clearly not the issue. Is
there someone from AT&T who actually checks these boards?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I don't have advanced messaging set up, so that's clearly not the issue. Is
there someone from AT&T who actually checks these boards?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.