Troubleshoot your device issues
shyg360's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 25th, 2015 10:16 PM

lumia 950 Firmware update

Does anyone know if the lumia 950 on at&t will be receiving the latest firmware update from Microsoft??? Thanks Merry Christmas

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @shyg360!

You can stay up to date on all software releases for your device here.

The 950 will be receiving monthly WaaS (Windows as a Service) updates, and the latest one released on December 8th (Build Version 10.0.10586.29.) These updates are not certified by AT&T, and will be delivered via Microsoft over-the-air. A Wi-Fi connection is required. From the App List, scroll down and tap Settings > Phone Update > Check for Update.

Thanks!

Alison

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

8 years ago

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

8 years ago

We are talking about the firmware update, Not OS. According to Microsoft it depends on you guys on when we get it. So do you know when the firmware will roll out?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia-mdupdate/new-firmware-update-for-lumia-950950-xl/f3d9276c-b547-4fba-944c-afbdd9f6e9cc?auth=1

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

The firmware you are talking about has to be certified by Att before release so time will tell.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Please respond with the ETA of the firmware update 01078.00027.15506.020xx, which is carrier specific. http://www.bidnessetc.com/60043-microsoft-corporation-rolls-out-lumia-950950-xl-firmware-update-heres-whats/ 

This update should address issues that makes me want to return the phone. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Att does not release update schedules.  With all the problems the 950 series is having I can see them testing really well before certification.

I told everyone the updates would still have to go thru Att.  I returned my 950xl battery life was bad really bad.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I know that the firmware update must be approved thru at&t due to the radio stack changes that come with the update...a time frame would welcomed tho considering that update will improve my 950

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Now that's interesting, my unlocked (non AT&T) test 950 and 950 XL have no battery issues running the latest 10586.36 build on stock firmware.

Maybe the AT&T apps or customizations to Windows 10 ??

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

My 950 XL also has great battery life, no issues whatsoever.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

But you're not entirely correct either... Updates for the 950XL have been coming as Microsoft has released them. .36 is the latest OS update, battery life was improved on that build.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.