For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
shyg360's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 25th, 2015 10:16 PM

lumia 950 Firmware update

Does anyone know if the lumia 950 on at&t will be receiving the latest firmware update from Microsoft??? Thanks Merry Christmas

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

8 years ago

I can't say I have ever heard of a firmware update ever breaking anyone's network, so what is the BFD? It is already running on the network through factory unlocked devices so what is the excuse? Sometimes I think being an informed consumer is more of a curse than a blessing. Carriers do as carriers want laughing all the way to the bank.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

That's the problem with having a phone with their logo on it. I'm sure they feel like they are doing everyone a favor. But you're correct, no matter the brand of phone there are phones operating on their network without issues with higher revs firmware. But it's been this way since the beginning and many of us knew about the "problems" when we purchased our phones. The bigger problem still is that for some devices we are stuck to buying the branded version because the unbranded version is typically an international version; we wouldn't get LTE service here in the US with those versions. One day International versions will support all bands avaialble at the time of manufacture.

And those worried about how many releases of firmware... there is still only one release of firmware here in the US. So you AT&T owners of the 950 are only 1-rev behind and that rev was released ~2-months ago. So far AT&T is not beating my estimate on when they'd release it.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Most international Samsung phones will work in the states. The problem now
like with the 950xl and visual vm. Hdvoice and volte are only for Att
branded phones at this point. WiFi calling also.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

There are always exceptions; I've been shopping Android phones this week and most deals I came across for major model non-branded phones were International; and they did not support LTE bands here. Unfortunately it is still very common righ.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@ODad wrote:

There are always exceptions; I've been shopping Android phones this week and most deals I came across for major model non-branded phones were International; and they did not support LTE bands here. Unfortunately it is still very common righ.

depends on what your looking for for the most part.  I have a z5 premium that I got today that im playing with works like a top.  I think the 4k screen is nice but not needed in a cell phone.  I picked it up off of swappa.com.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z5_premium-7536.php

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

I picked up a brand new full warranty HTC One M9 for $299 at BestBuy,

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

I hated that phone. But the early 810 was just bad. Not bad for 299.99

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Dependability of the device is in question because of the lack of fixes. We bought these devices expecting dependability. I suggest calling AT&T for a replacement device. Once the replacement device fails, and we know it will until the firmware updates are released, request another. This seems to me to be the only leverage we have.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

@black950 wrote:
Dependability of the device is in question because of the lack of fixes. We bought these devices expecting dependability. I suggest calling AT&T for a replacement device. Once the replacement device fails, and we know it will until the firmware updates are released, request another. This seems to me to be the only leverage we have.

They get enough replaced devices for a certain issue and they see the issue has been addressed by firmware, maybe that will force their hand... who knows. But it cannot hurt.

The question is, will there be another firmware update OR two of the firmware before the release by AT&T. Honestly, AT&T has less hooks into these devices than they do their Android Devices There is little excusse for them on the "testing" front.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

Are any of you on AT&T version of Lumia 950 getting Windows 10 Mobile 10586.107 whih Microsoft released as the February Cumlative Update? This woud not include any firmware, just oeprating system.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.