For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
sillyme's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 11th, 2016 1:30 AM

i have an unlocked code

AT&T just sent me the unlocked code..Is there another way to use the unlocked code w/o putting a non ATT sim card? ...after unlocking it im gonna put it back the ATT sim card anyway....

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

The ONLY way to enter the unlock code, it to put in a foreign SIM so that it will ask for the unlock code.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

thank you for your response to that.....okey ,i read a comment.. Without a non- AT&T sim, enter ##7820# in your dial pad.....put in the unlock code ...any idea what to do next ? i try to press enter nothing happened....Did anyone know.....

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

This is primarily an unlock keypad sequence for Lumia phones, not sure what brand/model you have?
You can likely figure out if there's something similar for your phone (if it's not a Lumia), through a somewhat simple, but targeted search.

If you're getting that screen, the one with the padlock on it though, when using this sequence, you're likely on a Lumia device, or using a phone that mimics this for their firmware.

On the Lumias, when you enter the (15 digit I think) code, the paclock picture changes, from a locked padlock, to an un-locked one. 

The un-locked padlock symbol indicates you were successful.

That's how it's been on the 4-5 Lumia devices I've unlocked this way, I've never actually used another carrier's SIM to do an unlock.  I beleive the SIM is the guaranteed way to initiate the sequence though.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you all for your quicked response...and my problem for unlocking my LUMIA 640 was being solve...

Thank you so much....

Former Employee

• 

51 Messages

8 years ago

On I phones there is just backing up then restoring the device will give it the signal that it is currently unlocked you should be good to go
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.