Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 20, 2014
1:09:32 PM
View profile
copying contacts to computer - Lumia 520

Is there a way to backup/copy contacts from the Nokia Lumia 520 directly to my personal computer?

Is there a way to backup/copy contacts from the Nokia Lumia 520 directly to my personal computer?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 20, 2014 1:28:39 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by logo412 on Jan 20, 2014 at 1:29:01 PM

Hi tip79,

Microsoft outlines Here their various syncing options. It willl depend upon the computer you have will depend upon the sync features. I will tell you if you have a Windows 8 PC, the sync is native.

Also, if you have a Microsoft Account set up on the phone, your contacts automatically back up to that account. You can visit live.com or outlook.com to login and see these contacts. These will also automatically download onto any new Windows Phone once you log in.

Hope this helps!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

copying contacts to computer - Lumia 520

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 20, 2014 1:28:39 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by logo412 on Jan 20, 2014 at 1:29:01 PM

Hi tip79,

Microsoft outlines Here their various syncing options. It willl depend upon the computer you have will depend upon the sync features. I will tell you if you have a Windows 8 PC, the sync is native.

Also, if you have a Microsoft Account set up on the phone, your contacts automatically back up to that account. You can visit live.com or outlook.com to login and see these contacts. These will also automatically download onto any new Windows Phone once you log in.

Hope this helps!

Hi tip79,

Hope this helps!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: copying contacts to computer - Lumia 520

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (9,154 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 6:26:16 PM
(0)
Mentor
Logo412 nailed it. An MS account is the easiest way to get access to your contacts on another device. Whether it is tour PC, a Win8 tablet or Outlook.com in a browser, it is very easy.

Are you using an MS account or something else?
Logo412 nailed it. An MS account is the easiest way to get access to your contacts on another device. Whether it is tour PC, a Win8 tablet or Outlook.com in a browser, it is very easy.

Are you using an MS account or something else?

3 of 5 (9,116 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 6:47:04 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yes I have an Outlook.com account. I was hoping there was a drag and drop option using Windows Explorer that I couldn't find.

Yes I have an Outlook.com account. I was hoping there was a drag and drop option using Windows Explorer that I couldn't find.

4 of 5 (9,111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 5:38:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Your contacts are not really stored on the phone, they're just synced there. They would be in your hotmail account and/or your google account and/or your exchange account on the web/cloud/whatever you want to call it.

It would be far easier to download/sync them from those web sites.

Your contacts are not really stored on the phone, they're just synced there. They would be in your hotmail account and/or your google account and/or your exchange account on the web/cloud/whatever you want to call it.

It would be far easier to download/sync them from those web sites.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (9,064 Views)