Troubleshoot your device issues
tip79's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, January 20th, 2014 9:09 PM

copying contacts to computer - Lumia 520

Is there a way to backup/copy contacts from the Nokia Lumia 520 directly to my personal computer?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi tip79,

Microsoft outlines Here their various syncing options. It willl depend upon the computer you have will depend upon the sync features. I will tell you if you have a Windows 8 PC, the sync is native.

Also, if you have a Microsoft Account set up on the phone, your contacts automatically back up to that account. You can visit live.com or outlook.com to login and see these contacts. These will also automatically download onto any new Windows Phone once you log in.

Hope this helps!

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

10 years ago

Logo412 nailed it. An MS account is the easiest way to get access to your contacts on another device. Whether it is tour PC, a Win8 tablet or Outlook.com in a browser, it is very easy.

Are you using an MS account or something else?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Yes I have an Outlook.com account. I was hoping there was a drag and drop option using Windows Explorer that I couldn't find.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

Your contacts are not really stored on the phone, they're just synced there. They would be in your hotmail account and/or your google account and/or your exchange account on the web/cloud/whatever you want to call it.

It would be far easier to download/sync them from those web sites.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.